title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

One other thing about that error dialog. When it happens, it doesn't remember/recognize that it already has fixed an album. So the next time it starts up it sees the need to fix them all over again, ignoring the now existing or now proper (per my setting) resolution.

Hi,

I installed Perfect Tunes over the weekend for the first time. I have only currently tries the Album At program. I think that it shouldn't try to scan immediately or preferably ask for the location of your music library first. My Itunes library is currently on my D: drive with a few ripped but not copied albums in C: so the Album Art Check started automatically against the few ripped albums I had on C: instead of the main library on D:

Is there any way to know what tracks Album Art has found that it thinks needs updating? One issue I have is that the Album Art program has highlighted '4 Non Blondes - What's Up [Single]' has needing artwork and shows 8 Tracks as needing artwork but in Itunes there are only 4 tracks listed? How do I know what Album Art is trying to update? It would be good if we could say click on where it says '8 Tracks' and then a pop up window is shown of the path of all 8 files? I'm reluctant to click the Fix button because I don't know what will be updated!

dBpoweramp Guru

There is a previously fixed item which lists all the changes made.

dBpoweramp Guru

Does De-Dup and Album Art have an Undo option?

Administrator

Album Art yes, dedup by default sends tracks to the recycle bin (so can be undone)...

Hi,

I found and installed this last week, and did a little test on the day itself with De-dup. It found a few duplicates, wich I had deleted and already cleaned recycle bin.

Today, I was a few hours not at home so I decided to scan a bigger folder (over 30k of files). When I came home it was still busy (wich I can understand), but I choose to pause and stop the scan, and check the files already scanned by now.
    Now I see there are files in there wich I already deleted the first time. When I click on the foldericon of a song that's still there, it goes to it. But when I do that with a file that's already been deleted, it opens explorer and selects the folder "My Documents".
    Is that because I did not clear the database cache? If yes, wouldn't it be better to delete files from cache when user clicks "delete" (and confirms to do it)?
    I'm sure this program will be great, I used Duplicate Music Files Finder a few times, but its not easy in use when there are a lot of files to be checked.

2nd
    I don't know how the progress is going for the tagger-app, as there is no beta to download and test, but I would like the mention MusicBrainz Picard. It's a great app that fingerprints your songs and gives a suggestion for the correct tags, fully independant from the current tags. The downside is that its very slow. Maybe you can get some positive inspiration from here.
    Last edited by diedie2; 03-18-2013 at 12:29 PM.

*bump* :yawn:

Administrator

>Is that because I did not clear the database cache?

No you have to let it fully scan as it removes missing items at the end.

I have an interesting challenge - not sure if others have raised the issue previously.

I used dBpoweramp 14.4 to rip ~11 CDs in lossless format - used Multi-Encoder to encode to FLAC, ALAC and WMA Lossless from a single rip. The rip verified all tracks on all 11 CDs as being accurate.

Next, I installed PerfectTUNES and verified the rips for all three formats. Interesting, the FLAC and ALAC files were all reported as accurate by PerfectTUNES, however all of the WMA-LL files were reported as "Cannot Check: Track length different than CD Original".

I have repeated this experiment multiple times, always clearing the PerfectTUNES database file so that it "re-listens" to the tracks, and it always verifies the FLAC and ALAC files and reports "Cannot Check: Track Length Different..." on the WMA files.

The WMA encoder used is the latest version available for dBpoweramp (v9.2 of the WMA encoder)...

Any ideas??

Administrator

On the popup info that dBpoweramp shows, does it show Sample count for FLAC and WMA lossless, they should match.

dBpoweramp Guru

When discnumber=1 and disctotal=1, PerfectTUNES AccurateRip reports my albums fine.

When discnumber>1 and/or disctotal>1, PerfectTUNES AccurateRip reports Albums Cannot Check: Incomplete Album.

Are there any other tags which are affecting PerfectTUNES AccurateRip (files are flac)?
    Last edited by mville; 03-22-2013 at 07:19 AM.

Administrator

Odd, will check this for next update.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Odd, will check this for next update.
    Spoon, does tracknumber or tracktotal play any part in AccurateRip?

I've got tracknumber and tracktotal set per album. CUETools is happy with this, but I suspect PerfectTUNES AccurateRip may want these values to be per disc.
    Last edited by mville; 03-22-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Administrator

Yes they need to be per disc, that is disc 1 track 1, disc 2 track 1

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    On the popup info that dBpoweramp shows, does it show Sample count for FLAC and WMA lossless, they should match.
    Spoon, neither file shows any Sample Count info in the dBpoweramp popup... they show Sample Rate = 44.1KHz and Sample Size = 16 bits, but I do not see anything that refers to Sample Count.

I have screenshots that show the popup for both FLAC and WMA, but I do not know how to embed the images here... they both show lots of track info (including AccurateRipDiscID and AccurateRipResult info), but no entries for Sample Count in either FLAC or WMA popups...???