title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    >Stereophonics : Just enough education to perform
    >Talk Talk : It's my life

Check these 2 discs please, see if they are CD Extra.
    I looked around in my cd-shelves and also in the piles and piles of cds I have totally unsorted (when I rip stuff I buy and then just throw them up on the piles, this doesn't create any decent sorting order...). These are ripped some time back are somewhere in some huge boxes with cds totally unsorted. If necessary I can dig them out but it'll be quite a job. If this helps I found these two when digging around:

James Taylor - Hourglass
    James Taylor - October Road

One is a CD extra and the other one not. But both are reported as "Not in AccurateRip"

If you need more example cds tell me and I'll dig up more :-)

http://magnus.thome.nu/temp/rip1.jpg
    http://magnus.thome.nu/temp/rip2.jpg
    Last edited by Magnus Thomé; 12-06-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglescout1998 View Post
    I've noticed the same thing. Instead of placing all the files in the same directory, try creating a separate directory for each individual disc.

Example: \Bee Gees\Their Greatest Hits\Disc01\Track01.flac
    Hmmm... I really don't want to do that :-( Is this the only way to get the discs detected correctly?

Disc number is used to identify albums, make sure it is saved in the correct ID Tag for flac.
    I always use Tag&Rename. Tag called "Disc *" in the UI and "Disc" in dbpoweramp s/w:

This did not work:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Thomé View Post
    I looked around in my cd-shelves and also in the piles and piles of cds I have totally unsorted (when I rip stuff I buy and then just throw them up on the piles, this doesn't create any decent sorting order...). These are ripped some time back are somewhere in some huge boxes with cds totally unsorted. If necessary I can dig them out but it'll be quite a job. If this helps I found these two when digging around:

James Taylor - Hourglass
    James Taylor - October Road

One is a CD extra and the other one not. But both are reported as "Not in AccurateRip"

If you need more example cds tell me and I'll dig up more :-)

http://magnus.thome.nu/temp/rip1.jpg
    http://magnus.thome.nu/temp/rip2.jpg
    Of these I am interested in non-cd extra disc (make sure by putting in CD drive should be audio cd, not files, such as a video). If the tracks you have ripped have the AccurateRip disc ID embedded then I need all the files from that one album. Perhaps upload them to dropbox, or similar?

This one is not a cd extra:

http://magnus.thome.nu/temp/rip1b.jpg
    Last edited by Magnus Thomé; 12-06-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Sent you a PM with link to all the files :smile2:
    Last edited by Magnus Thomé; 12-06-2012 at 09:54 AM.

My bad. I added the freshly re-ripped two James Taylor CDs to my collection and re-ran PerfectTUNES accuratrip checker and now both these albums are found and said to be correct.

What could have been wrong with my previous rip of these cds? Some ripping software with some setting set wrong? It was some years back when I ripped them the first time. Sounds like I need to dig out a whole bunch of cds and re-rip.... duh! Still, great software this :-D

Administrator

You previously ripped in dbpoweramp?

You previously ripped in dbpoweramp?
    I've used EAC and dbpoweramp a lot the last years but in the beginning I ripped everything with Easy CD-DA extractor

PS:
    Oh how I wish I could export a list of all these cds... that I need to re-rip :-(

;-)

Administrator

Perhaps they were ripped with different lengths, hence why AccurateRip cannot find the disc. For one which you re-rip check the number of samples in each file, before and after.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Apologies if already raised - concept of the program is great, but I find application of updated art painfully sloooow. This is both for internal and NAS drives. I can convert an entire album on the NAS using dBpoweramp from one format to another in less time than it takes Perfect Tunes to apply a high-resolution cover to a couple of tracks. So I'm going to have to park using it until the next version comes out. Really liked the de-dup function, though it did come up with one or two amusing mis-matches.

Adam.

Administrator

If there is a network involved, then updating artwork to a format such as flac, requires the whole track to be read and then written back, so yes it would be slower than creating a new flac file (in one direction).

Since I just registered I have no idea if this has been requested, but I propose the addition of any or all folders found in the "Music" Library by default. In my case, I have C:\Users\xxx\Music removed and instead use D:\Music in my library.

Just a minor complaint.

Administrator

I do not think this is wise, as Windows can add libraries from network locations automatically (for example if using WHS), people might not be aware they are changing files not locally.

Perhaps they were ripped with different lengths, hence why AccurateRip cannot find the disc. For one which you re-rip check the number of samples in each file, before and after.
    Thought I'd beg on my knees for an export function of the lists "Albums Cannot Check" and "Albums Not Present in Accuraterip". Export of just the text as shown on the screen in the program, that is: the artist, cd and error message. Please please, pretty pretty please? :-D

Administrator

We will do when able to.