title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

PerfectTUNES discussion

All disscussion relating to PerfectTUNES

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    All disscussion relating to PerfectTUNES
    Ah! Exciting times!

Thanks spoon!

Brendan

dBpoweramp Guru

Interesting! Will be tested soon. (Trying not to annoy myself over all the manual work I have done to this :-o)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Spoon - Each time De-Duplicator gets to the end of the music this happens:-

This is on Win7 64 bit.

Mick
    Last edited by mickc; 03-26-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Administrator

Mick,

We need a 'dump' file which will show why it is crashing, so:

Grab yourself procdump (from microsoft)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/dd996900

unzip to a folder which is easy to get at, such as c:\procdump

next run it and generate the debug report (by running it, it will run dedup program), with:

Windows Key + R (brings up a run box), copy and paste this text then click run:

c:\procdump\procdump -e 1 -x "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\PerfectTunes\dedup.exe" c:\procdump\de-dup-error.dmp

Email us the .dmp file created in c:\procdump\

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Done and done!

Mick

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just finished running Pefecttunes. I have more than 12,000 songs in my itunes library. To my great surprise, it found some duplicates. I thought I had manually weeded them all out, but Perfect tunes found more.

Only two downsides I've found is that when duplicates are found, I need to open itunes and delete one of them because using perfecttunes to delete does not take the song out of the itunes library, it just removes the file. It's very likely this is intended behavior, and I do not mind in the least doing it that way. Being able to listen to the duplicates and even switch between them is a fantastic plus, and enable me to make sure they really are duplicates.

Only other thing is that I have both stereo remasters and mono remasters by several artists like the Beatles, Bob Dylan and the Beach Boys and they are flagged as duplicates, but I want both versions. Not sure if it's possible for perfecttunes to notice that one is stereo and one is mono, and frankly the way you are locating the duplicates works very well, and it's no trouble to skip past the songs I know are intentional dupes.

Thanks for an awesome Beta 1 release. Can't wait for the implementation of the other modules, and I'm very willing to pay when the full release comes out. It looks to be a very worthwhile utility.

dBpoweramp Guru

New beta and it has stopped crashing. Good. It finds duplicates. It does certainly not tell original and remasters apart. (I guess that was not the intention, but then, how to tell without running it.)

It did identify as 'possible match' a 2:45 track and a 0:27 excerpt from it. Obviously the same recording.
    Wishlist: a button to 'sync comparison'. (I think it should be off by default -- if they are not in sync, that's the first warning I want. But then I would like a button to compare side-by-side timewise.)

Also, there are some obviously weird suggestions.
    Jaco Pastorius: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzKkjSs8l_Q
    Mayhem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wgYPSJVfyE

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes, it's stopped crashing with the latest beta here too.

Mick

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Sorry guys - me again. I've run it through all my files now (over 45k) and it's thrown up a fair few duplicates, but if I scroll down a bit I get this:-

As you can see it's about 5 or 10% down the list of files. I've tried leaving it for a couple of hours but it's not changed.

Mick

PS Also a little confused as to why "In My Life" (in the central box) has flagged up two files from "The Capitol Albums" series as they're actually the same file.
    Last edited by mickc; 03-27-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Works brilliantly, looking forward to the album art part just what i need to sort my music collection out .

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mickc View Post
    As you can see it's about 5 or 10% down the list of files. I've tried leaving it for a couple of hours but it's not changed.
    Have about 43k files, and seeing the same issue as Mick. In addition, once I scroll down quite a bit into the blank boxes area, I can't scroll back up again to the top.

Brendan

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: PerfectTUNES

Spoon,
    Looks like a great tool with exciting potential!

Some things I would love to see:

Handling of lossless and lossy libraries
    - sync lossless and lossy libraries
    - option to remove dups from lossy, but NOT lossless library

Integration with CD ripper:
    - Identify if CD inserted into a drive is in the library, if not option to auto-launch ripper and auto-rip
    - For lossless libraries, option to separate albums where entire rip was accurate from albums where 1 or more tracks are inaccurate/insecure

After a couple of days of use here are my notes:

De-Dup:
    De-Dup at times gives some completely bogus false positives: in one case it thought that 30 seconds of spoken text sounded like a 5 minute symphonic piece, and also that they sounded like another 30 second or so snippet of a jazz trio. Another group had essentially all of the tracks of a CD along with some other tracks containing rain, white noise, and some other test tones.

De-Dup found 5 or 6 albums which were obviously ripped twice, thanks.

AccurateRip:
    A nit: The "Not Lossless CD Quality" wording is confusing: I have many more higher than CD resolution tracks than lower than CD resolution tracks.

In the Cannot Check view, the Albums Not Present... view and the Total Albums view you can't tell which album they are talking about, e.g. I have multiple albums with essentially the same metadata (separate releases mastered slightly differently) and also 16/44.1, 24/96, 24/88.1, etc., and DSD versions of some albums. An open folder button like the De-Dup would be nice (or simply clicking on the album cover.)

Tho rescanning my library from scratch takes quite a while it doesn't take too long to do an incremental scan. HOWEVER the "Checking with AccurateRip" pass takes hours every time: if this delay is unavoidable a progress bar or at least a time estimate would be nice.

It also would be nice to get a log or to at least be able to save the corrupted files list so I can fix them over a few days without running the AccurateRip over if I have to reboot.

I have a number tracks which are reported as corrupted: I don't know how: they play fine, the dbPoweramp Test Conversion doesn't report any problems, "flac --test --warnings-as-errors xxx.flac" doesn't find any problems, and they open in Adobe Audition and look fine... I rescanned from scratch with PerfectTUNES and now I get a different set of "corrupted" files.

Album Art:
    It's too easy to click on the wrong cover while I'm trying to use the mouse to scroll (The scroll bar is pretty narrow on my monitor).

Sometimes I'd like to compare a few possible covers at full resolution before I pick one.

It doesn't take too much time to find possible new covers for each album, but after trying to fix every missing and low resolution cover in my collection I didn't find a single one that was better than the ones I already had. I guess much of my collection would be considered obscure.
    Last edited by TedSmith; 06-29-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Thanks for making PerfectTunes available. I'm enjoying it already, even in its current beta state.

I'm using beta 5 on Win7-64, running PerfectTunes AccurateRip on a library of ~17K ALAC tracks ripped with dbPoweramp. The library contains only tracks that were verified as accurate by dbPoweramp CD Ripper and tracks that were secure-ripped by dbPoweramp because they weren't in the AccurateRip database when I ripped them.

I'm seeing the same sorts of things that Porcus reported:

1. In the "48 Albums Cannot Check" section of the results, some -- maybe all -- HDCD albums show as "Cannot Check: Not Lossless CD Quality", and some complete albums show as "Cannot Check: Incomplete Album".
    2. In the "23 Albums Ripping Errors" section, I see some tracks marked "Track InAccurate" even though they were AccurateRipped and contain the expected AccurateRip tags. I checked a few in fb2k and they verified as accurate; I played a few and they played perfectly.
    3. In the "55 Tracks Corrupted" section of the results, a number of tracks are marked "Corrupted" even though -- like all the others -- they were AccurateRipped and they contain the expected AR tags. I played a couple and verified them in fb2k; they seem perfect.

I'm also seeing two other behaviors:

1. In the "23 Albums Ripping Errors" section, some albums are shown with one or more tracks "Unverifiable". Exporting the match details shows "Not Enough Information in AccurateRip to Verify" those unverifiable tracks, but the tracks in question were AccurateRipped and contain the expected AccurateRip tags. Again, I played a couple of them and and tested them in fb2k; no problems found. The unverifiable tracks are often, but not always, the highest-numbered tracks of the albums.
    2. The "93 Albums Not Present in AccurateRip" section contains a number of albums that certainly ARE in the AccurateRip database (e.g., Paul Simon's "Graceland"). My ripped tracks from those albums were AccurateRipped and have the AR tags; the ones that I tested in fb2k verify as accurate.
    Last edited by fastfwd; 07-01-2012 at 05:19 AM.