title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CD/DVD Drive Accuracy List 2012

Re: CD/DVD Drive Accuracy List 2012

Hello.
    I shall like knowing what is at present the best CD/DVD Drive available on the sale (compatible Rive Read Cach).

My PIONEER CD/DVD Drive is not detect Rive Read Cach....

Hi Spoon,

Is Drive: MATSHITA - DVD-R UJ-85J the best CD/DVD drive? I Am thinking of buying one that is the best and have most of Accurate Rip but I need you help. Please tell me more.

dBpoweramp Guru

A clarification query for Spoon:

I run a lot of the same test CDs in burst mode over and over again (100s of rips, sometimes 1000s per week) through the Kodak units with Teac CD-W552DA drives. The discs are comprised mostly slightly to heavily scratched CDs. This is part of my certification of the units for sale.

Does the drive accuracy ranking assume that the quality of discs fed to all discs is approximately the same? If so, have I been artificially depressing the accuracy ranking for this drive?

Brendan

Administrator

The top 30 drives are all very good, when ripping you sometimes need a couple of different drives...

bhoar: Yes it is possible to depress the results by ripping damaged discs, but you would have to have 100's of scratched different discs.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    bhoar: Yes it is possible to depress the results by ripping damaged discs, but you would have to have 100's of scratched different discs.
    Ok, well, I have at over 100 unique scratched discs that I use full time for testing in burst mode (and maybe a handful of unique non-scratched ones). These were all the CDs I didn't give to the used CD shop down the block because they were too damaged even for the scratch and dent bin...

Oops! Oh well. :/

Thanks for the clarification.

Brendan

Hi Spoon,

Are you going to publish the accuracy list for 2013?

Thanks for the great work, last year list was really useful.

Greetings Spoon,

I need your guidance and help:

1) I have Matshita UJ-812B drive and used only for 50 hours or so. Suddenly it quit working, Device Manager OK, it tries to start-up giving "repeating tickling noise", but without any success? You have a longer experience with drives, could you point me which direction to look at and solve this issue. The all help is highly appreciated!

2) If I cannot get this accurate drive to work, I would need your recommendation between two plextor drives to choose from: Plextor PX-B310U vs. Plextor PX-610U, Which one you would recommend to go for it in case of Matshita drive will not start-up? Other drives? Which is known as reliable and with a good accuracy, not best I know, but this is getting frustrated with Matshita as It is a brand new and quit working after 50 hours?! And paid a lot of money about the drive and quits after 50 hours which was just executed as break-in period for electrical components.

Thank you for the all help you all are able to give for this topic.

Best regards,

Ilkka

Administrator

Your drive is dead...a clicking repeating noise is normally the head not being able to track the disc.

The 2013 list is here, I close this thread as it has been replaced:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...racy-List-2013