title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CD/DVD Drive Accuracy List 2012

Re: CD/DVD Drive Accuracy List 2012

pablogm123 listen i need a rom to rip only my audio collection and i wish to do that good it's not importnat how fast he do that i that LITE-ON CD-RW SOHR-5238S good i will buy him and Sony Optiarc AD-7200S do you have better solution?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It is a good combination. A Mediatek based drive which can overread, and a NEC based drive. I own a AD-7240S, and this drive sometimes can rip certain discs, which other drives cannot rip flawlessly.

However, a better solution could be a ALi chipset based drive. For example, Plextor PX-130 and PX-230. I own a PX-130, actually a BenQ drive rebadged, and it is veeery fast and precise. This drive sucks for ripping mixed mode CD (cannot read the pregap which separate data and audio zones), but for ripping pure audio discs is impressive.

plextor cost too much for me so i will buy LITE-ON CD-RW SOHR-5238S and Sony Optiarc AD-7200S , maybe GH24NS/LS70 or Ls90 is better solution the LITE-ON CD-RW SOHR-5238S hmm ?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

PX-130 drives are cheap, at least in Europe.

And I prefer, no doubts, the SOHR-5238S rather than any Renesas LG based drive. These SATA drives exposes problem when the user want to enable C2 pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Swaman View Post
    Jayess,

I second your statement/observations. I have two P;lextor drives and one that came with my DELL computer. Sometimes the Plextor drives will not work when the one in the DELL will work. I have had discs that rip "secure" one minutw and "accurate" the next minute in the same drive with the Internet working. I have even had disxs that will not ripp without inaccuracies in the batch ripper that will rip in the CD ripper.

I sure wish I could get around these apparent inconsistencies.

Regards,
    Tom
    The stuff you see makes you scratch your head. I'm ripping a cd right now that my usb hp 560s slim drive says has 9 bad frames on the first track. It ripped them and reported x, ar, secure. I re-ripped it using my full-height 1270 hp, liteon drive and it gave a green crc reading that indicates it matched what the previous drive did, but it marked the track as insecure. I've noticed recently, and don't know if it's a 14.3 change, but the 1270t full size drive has been able to rip frames on some discs and then mark them as accurate tracks. I also sometimes try re-ripping discs that only have a few bad frames and after several attempts somehow get lucky and get an accurate reading.

Hello
    I use dbpoweramp and a Plextor PX-L890UE drive for ripping. This drive is not listed in the Accuracy List. What is the meaning when not listed? Didn't anybody use this drive for Accurate Rip or do she list above only show the most used drives? If so, is there a chance to see the very complete list?

Thank you for a answer
    Guenter

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Many drives in the list seem to be rather old. Is there a list of drives currently manufactured that score good results in the accuracy list?

Quote Originally Posted by pablogm123 View Post
    I won't buy a Matshita drive, personally. Reason: They cannot read raw and full subcodes (they give just Q subcode, once processed and corrected). That aspect defeats my personal project. However, if you aren't interested in that, they are an excellent choice, and can detect indexes, MCN and ISRC.

LITE-ON CD-RW SOHR-5238S: Mediatek based, reports C2 errors, can read raw and full subcodes, very accurate according to this thread and can overread into lead-in/out according to Nero CD Speed DAE Test (according to my experience, a drive which can overread in CD Speed DAE Test, can overread in dBpoweramp too).

There is a little cons: Lite-On drives caches lost of audio data (my LH-20A1P caches 666 KB), and re-reads will be very slow, because dBpoweramp will have to defeat cache rereading additional data. But, you own only CDs in good (or medianly good) shape, re-reads will be a rare thing, because any decent drive can read slightly scratched CDs in a go, without reporting C2 errors.
    Forgive me, i am new to this really. I see the UJ-85J is the "best" in the list but you say that its not quite right. I am unsure as to the terminology you use as to why its not ideal. I have found one of these drives for sale and i think i can use an adapter to make it work in my desktop machine. Is this the best option ? thanks

I have just bought a brand new BluRay internal drive. It's ASUS BW-14D1XT. I Rip my CD's to FLAC using EAC. I tried ripping several of my CD's, well I was not starting ripping the CD's, because I could see, that I could not get EAC to verify a key-disk. And then it hit me, that my drive could be so brand new, that nobody else, or not many had been using AccurateRip settings with this drive. What is the best for me to do right now? Just start ripping with the AccurateRip setting with my drive without a key-disk, and without offset for my drive? I guess that's the downside buying brand new things, that not many have tested before. Any suggestings?

I think I got it now. Or on the right path. I was looking at the reference CD list at http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/inde...reference-cds/ that should be the list of reference CD's or key-disk, that EAC is using. I guess that's why I could not find a key-CD, because the CD-list is a bit old. But I had Depeche Mode "Songs Of Faith And Devotion" (1993) (CD STUMM 106) (Barcode: 391946 075072) in my cd-rack. And in EAC I was in "Drive Option"-Off-set/Speed and pressed "Detect read sample offset correction", and got +665 for this drive and CD.
    But after the rip was done, I could see in the log, that I had some timing problems for some tracks.
    I tried again with Garbage "Garbage" (1995) (Mushroom Records) (In the Barcode: 7 4321-29597-2 7, and underneath F:BM650 IC:4917) that was on the reference CD-list. And this time, I got +6 in the offset test. But after the rip was done, I still had some timing problems in the rip log from EAC.
    What is the best to do, in order to set up my new BlyRay drive correctly, and avoid timing problems, and have the best possible rips?
    Last edited by Krusty; 02-22-2013 at 08:05 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Keep feeding it discs and accurate rip will eventually configure.

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    Keep feeding it discs and accurate rip will eventually configure.
    Okay. Thanks. I'm testing now R.E.M. "UP" (1998) (Barcode: 9362-47112-2) and got +6 again in offset, so it seems that the offset might be around that number. And I had timing problems again with my third rip, on almost all of the tracks. But I will keep feeding it with CD's.

Could the timing problems also be caused by some minor cratches in the discs? They have a few tiny ones, but the R.E.M. disc was almost perfect.
    Or is it mostly caused by a wrong or not yet perfected offset number? Or some other factors, that the drive have some minor problems, a new firmware will perhaps fix some day?

/action hitting myself with a hammer...
    Sorry for being such a newbie. But I had configurated everything before according to the accuraterip guide...with my old DVD drive. But had only starred blind on the offset tab, and that offset number, with my new BluRay ASUS BW-14D1XT (1.00). And had not gone through all the drive settings with this new drive. So EAC had ripped the CD's too fast according to the Accuraterip standard. And therefore I got a lot of timing problems. But I should have set everything up according to the accuraterip guide. But the "use accuraterip" function is greyed out for now. But I guess it will be enabled after I have ripped some more CD's. Or other users have ripped CD's with a drive like mine. And uploaded their results.
    I read something about enable the "Use AccurateRip" function in the registry, but I don't know, if that's only for older versions of EAC. Or somehow a last desperate atempt if the function doesn't automaticly going "enabled" instead of greyed out, after a couple of CD rips???
    Last edited by Krusty; 02-23-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Okay. Finally is my internal Bluray drive (ASUS BW-14D1XT) set up for Accuraterip. I had to give EAC approximately 15 cd's before it was set up, and the Accuraterip logo in the buttom was displayed. The minimum numbers of cd's to calculate the offset should be only 3. So I guess I was just unluckly I had to feed EAC with 15, before it was complete.

The calculated offset for this drive was +6 samples,+24 bytes. Just in case some other member, or googler should come across this info. Best to set up according to accuraterip guide, and feed EAC with cd's like I did. Then Accuraterip will automatic be turn on (enabled) and the Accuraterip logo showed in the buttom. And your log-files, will have Accuraterip info added to them for each track. Like this:
    "Accurately ripped (confidence 19) [F7E0DA50] (AR v2)"

I used the cd list from http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/inde...reference-cds/ to set up EAC. I guess the list is outdated, because I got the offset calculation and accuraterip done, with John Mayer's "Continuum" (2006) and it's not on this list.

I just found out, that a newer list is on http://www.accuraterip.com/keydiscs.htm. But with 1 million key-disc in accuraterip database (now automaticly updated), you don't really have to look at the list, unless you have a very speciel cd-collection with rare bands/musicians. But for most people, whey could just feed EAC with CD's, and chances for matching key-discs in your collection should be there.

Thanks. Happy (accuraterip) ripping everyone. :smile2:
    Last edited by Krusty; 03-04-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Yeah, most of these lists are badly outdated.

If you had that much trouble finding CDs to set up AccurateRip, I expect you'll also have a fairly poor hit percentage when you go to rip your CD collection. I have a lot of older CDs, jazz and classical and my success rate is well under 20%.