title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: eject disk crashes the system

eject disk crashes the system

On my HP dv6T with 'BD E DS6E2LH' CD drive, the eject disk command crashes the system (Win 7 Home). How to fix that? How to disable aautomatic 'disk eject' after ripping?

Administrator

Re: eject disk crashes the system

The automatic eject option is under the options button.

Try R14.3 (in the beta section of this forum), it might correct your issue, please report how it goes.

Sigh. I am crashing as well.

My crash occurs almost immediately after I press the RIP icon.

The dbpoweramp display window flickers; the ripping initializes but then freezes; the Hard Disk light is solid red, and the CDRom drive light is not on or accessing the CD.
    I have no desktop control and I use Task Manager to shut down the computer which then hangs, and I end up hitting the RESET button.

Tried different CDs.
    After Ripping is set to nothing so my auto eject is NOT selected
    I've tried reinstalling.
    Even tried the Beta release.

The symptoms are consistent every time.

Sigh... this dog just won't hunt.

PC Info:
    RAM: 12GB
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz, 3068 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    Drive: Name: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22LS30 SCSI
    Last edited by LKstar; 03-27-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Administrator

Try a clear:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...rom-the-System

Then reinstall and try ripping a cd without changing any settings.

Did what you suggested. I made no changes during setup. I got a little further, this time. dBPoweramp ripped the first song fine...but crashed on the second song. Same symptoms.

Gonna try an older version of software. At one point dBpoweramp worked fine on my PC. The only hardware change I've made since was I upped the RAM memory.

Tried a different CD ROM Drive and it worked!

I figured it couldn't hurt to try another optical drive before reinstalling for the umpteenth time. Used my portable ROM drive for my laptop and it worked.
    My desktop optical drives works fine in all other scenarios but for dbpoweramp.

I was wondering could it be that dBpoweramp didn't like that the drive is on a SATA 6Gb/s port instead of a 3GB/s? I had to configured it like this because Intel Controller has problems with certain drives and my LG was one of them. However the port was backwards compatible and I had no issues until now.

Administrator

It is possible the interface is crashing the CD drive, which is then inturn freezing CD ripper.