title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Choose Album Art from Internet" no longer working?

"Choose Album Art from Internet" no longer working?

In CD Ripper, it appears that album-art searches are no longer being performed.

Last time I ripped CDs (a few months ago), the "Choose Art" button opened the "Choose Album Art" window, which rapidly filled with dozens of images from various websites.

Now that no longer happens. The "Choose Art" button opens the "Choose Album Art" window as before, but now the window contains only a couple of images: One each from meta-data providers AMG and GD3. It appears that no internet search is being performed.

Normally I'd assume that the problem was with my system and I'd start looking at firewall logs, etc... But I see that you recently changed servers, so before I start troubleshooting, could this behavior be related to that server move?

Administrator

Re: "Choose Album Art from Internet" no longer working?

An issue caused by our server move on Thursday, it is now fixed, but CD Ripper will not update its self until next Saturday, if you want to speed the update, close CD Ripper, open Regedit, browse to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP

and remove the value labelled 'artsearch'

Excellent. Thank you.

It appears this issue is happening again - when I click choose art I can see the first 3 images, and it seems to be searching other sites, but no new artwork appears. this has happened for about the last 10 CDs I've tried

Administrator

Working fine for me just now, try:

open cd ripper, then change album artist to:

coldplay

album:

xy

Then choose Art

90 different arts were displayed.

Exact same issue I'm afraid

I'm thinking it could be firewall related as I have just installed new antivirus. Are there any particular settings required?

Administrator

You could try to disable the firewall for a test.

Not the firewall, still stuck on this, still can't get more than the first 3 album artworks, most odd

Administrator

Try R15 please (it is in the Testing section of this forum), we have made improvements to the art search.

Same issue with me: Since about a month my Album Art choices are limited to AMG, GD3 and "current", what obviously is chosen out of the former two.
    Before that occurred everything was running smoothly, giving me lots of choices. I am unaware of major changes to my PCs configuration. My guess is that this might be related to the Avira Antivirus suite running on my computer. However, I did not change any parameters and am running only the Windows firewall which configuration I did not change either. So if it is indeed related to my Antivirus program, it must have been caused by the auto update.
    This problem occurs also with the R15 beta.

Administrator

Try this:

open cd ripper, then change album artist to:

coldplay

album:

xy

Then choose Art

90 different arts were displayed.

I opened CD Ripper, cleared metadata and entered coldplay in album artist as well as xy in album, then chose Art. 0 different arts were displayed.
    When I search for the actual CD in the drive, I get 2 (correct) results from AMG and GD3. This is true for 5 different discs.

If you provide a different way to run your Coldplay test, I will try that too but do think the underlying general problem exists and is not related to an exotic CD of mine.

Administrator

Try this:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...rom-the-System

Then reinstall the software and try the coldplay test again in CD ripper.

I did so but no joy! It looks like there is something missing in this Coldplay test since none cover art is found, but the usual 2 covers are for any given real disc.

Finally solved the problem on my own: It is indeed related to Avira Antivirus Suite. Once I disable the option "browser protection", pictures are retrieved as usual. I would prefer a simpler solution, having to remember to enable this option after a rip, but obviously this software combination is quite rare. Otherwise there would have been more complaints (and more attention).