title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: artists and compilations

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

artists and compilations

I've ripped some compilations and I like to know all the artist playing the songs but I do not like to see the same artists (maybe the artist of just 1 song in my entire library) when I browse the artist tree. Ther'e something I can do ? Another question is: somewere I've read that spoon is working on atotag software (maybe in the audiosafe forum), what about it ? Thanks and regards. M

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: artists and compilations

I replay to my questions: 1) use the tag ALBUM ARTIST, it's easy. 2) In the illustrate hompage I see Coming Soon...PerfectTUNES...........maybe this is the new product that will tag the files....let's wait

Administrator

It will eventually yes

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by balma01 View Post
    I've ripped some compilations and I like to know all the artist playing the songs but I do not like to see the same artists (maybe the artist of just 1 song in my entire library) when I browse the artist tree. Ther'e something I can do ?
    I'd like to see something similar, if I already have at least one disc of an artist then show the compilations/soundtracks that the artist has a song on. This would also be the same for non compilations albums where the artist might be a second artist in the artist tag of someones else's album.

A good example: Slash's album has many different vocalists. The album artist is Slash, it's not a compilation but I still want it to show up under Fergie as she is tagged as a secondary artist on a couple tracks.