title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot connect XBox360 to Asset 4

Cannot connect XBox360 to Asset 4

Hi

I'm sure I've had this working in the past with Asset 3, but I'm running on WHS2011, so want to use Asset 4. Basically, when I go into the music player in Xbox360, and select my source, I see the Asset server there just fine. However, when I select the source, instead of the list of albums, I see "The Connection to your computer was lost. Make sure your computer is turned on, connected to your network, and running media sharing software". Anyone got any ideas?

BTW - other clients can see Asset fine, and the XBox can see other servers. I've also tried disabling the firewall on the server with no joy.

pete S
    Last edited by petes; 03-15-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Re: Cannot connect XBox360 to Asset 4

OK - done some more research - this is definately something specific to Asset. I've just installed TVersity on the same server, with the same music library etc., and it works fine. With both of the servers running at the same time, TVersity will list the music just fine, whilst Asset gives the connection error listed above. Any ideas? Sounds like a bug sadly :-(

One final test - just installed a fresh version of Asset 4 on a different machine - and got the same problem - XBox will see the server, but losses the connection straight away when trying to list albums.

Spoon - looks like a bug I'm afraid. Has anyone got XBox360 working with Asset 4?

Administrator

Possible bug noted, we shall look for r4.1

Hello,

I have the same problem : with Asset 4 on a fresh install of Windows 7 64bit, the Xbox 360 tells that the connection is lost when I try to list albums or whatever else.

But the Marantz NA7004 works fine Asset 4.

So I switched to Asset 3 to bypass the problem : both Xbox 360 and Marantz NA7004 work fine.

With the hope that a solution could be found...

thibof

I have exactly the same thing on my WHS 2011. Try to access library of FLAC files (Set to play as Wav), server connection is lost. To test connectivity I added a MP3 file to the library and was able to play if from the Server itself (not via Asset).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Possible bug noted, we shall look for r4.1
    Spoon, any timescales on 4.1? Is there somewhere that I can get v3 in the meantime?

Administrator

If you email your order number:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

we can send out a v3 registered install

Spoon, I only have an order number for DbPoweramp. I was trying the free version of Asset. I might buy the full version if I like it, but need to get it working first!

Can anybody give me a link to Asset 3 so I can try and get this working while the issue is resolved in V4?
    Spent quite a bit of time setting up my WHS and gettimg 30m of cat5 cable from my router to my Xbox, so it's a bit frustrating that this refuses to work! :-(

Administrator

We only have kept the registered version of Asset v3, not the freeone.

The Xbox functionality worked like a charm in V4 Beta so I've reverted back to that version until it's been fixed.

What changed between V4 Beta and Release?

--Edit--
    Should have looked at Forum announcements before posting... This is now irrelevant.
    Last edited by richl4569; 05-25-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Dummy me....

Just downloaded the free trial hoping this works out for me. Found this thread after running into the same problem on xbox. Looks like the trial version of 3 wasn't kept, but the above poster said that the Beta for 4 worked. Does anybody have that file they can share with me? Have 30 days left on my trial and hoping to verify that this works out for me - eager to stream to the xbox.

Thanks!

Administrator

Check out R4.1 in the beta section of this forum.

Hi was this ever resolved - I have been trying with the production release version 4.1 and I am having the same issue.
    hope you can help, I like the product and want to keep using it
    Thanks in advance