title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primera 4100

Re: Primera 4100

That's what Primera support is telling me:
    [...] If kiosk mode and non-kiosk mode is working correctly with PTPublisher and just the kiosk mode is not working with their software, then it sounds like an issue with their software possibly. I'm guessing they are using our SDK software to control the Disc Publisher. There's not really much I can do with their software if it's working through PTPublisher. [...]

And what I have to add: even in the non-kiosk mode the robot is trying to move far too much down but is being stopped by the open tray of the upper drive.

Is there an archive of old drivers for the batch ripper? I'd like to test with some different versions.
    Last edited by Emi; 03-09-2012 at 11:32 AM.

I have tested some more with the non-kiosk mode. It's not working with Primera 4102:
    - with the upper tray I've got the problem that it's always telling «2 discs have been inserted» or «change spindle»
    - with the lower tray it works with the 1st CD and afterwards there are 2 or more disk being inserted for ejecting is not working

Please give me some answer if you are going to adapt the driver or not. Meanwhile I did a complete reinstall of everything (Windows 7, Primera, batch ripper) and it's still the same: neither kiosk nor non-kiosk is working with my new Primera 4102. It's just doing crazy activities but never what's expected. There are like 6000 CDs waiting, I've bought some lookups from you and I hope I don't need to go back to my old Bravo SE. Please help!

Administrator

Try moving the drive letter, ie you have:

D:
    E:

Both CD drives, move the D: to G: and try ripping again.

Thank you!

On my newly setup system I only have 4102 installed: it gives me drive E and F. So I changed E to G. Now the robot starts with the lower tray but the CD is being dropped from too high. Afterwards everything is like before: the upper tray opens and closes non-stop and the robot seems to expect having opened the lower tray. After having ripped the first CD in the lower tray, the robot doesn't catch the CD for it is not moving down to the lower tray.

Then I changed both drive letters: so E was now F, and F was E. There's the same effect, but it's starting non-stop with the upper drive and after like 10 attempts it is dropping a CD from far too high into the lower tray.

Then I tried changing
    - E to R and F to S or
    - E to U and F to T
    and it's every time the same.
    Last edited by Emi; 03-12-2012 at 05:39 AM.

- Are there other users with 4102? Have you ever tried this model?
    - If 4102 should work I could return the device. If you've never tested I'd prefer to change it to a 4101.
    - Series 4100 should work somehow for you are using the picture on your Website? Correct?
    - Are you that busy or why is it I get less than just 1 hint per day?

Administrator

There have been no issues with 4100 previously, as usual we are quite busy so reply when able to.

Dear Spoon

Thank you for all your help. I finally succeeded. While exploring your code I played around with PTRobot and found out that the drives were configured the wrong way.

The workaround is the following: PTPublisher doesn't have any influence to the configuration for PTRobot. After having reset the drives from within the SDK config utility the only way to configure PTRobot is to open PTRobot afterwards and selecting the drive's position in it's startup config wizard.

Now everything is working like a charm with 4102. After like 300 or 400 CDs being ripped sometimes the drives become unavailable again. So I have to reset again with die SDK utility, configure from within PTRobot and afterwards it's running again. So the most important message is not to configure the drives within PTPublisher.

Administrator

>SDK config utility

Where is this SDK Config utility, I do not think I have seen it.

http://www.primera.com/developer/supportdeveloper.html
    Sorry for being unclear: it's the calibration utility. For the reset I used the PTBurn calibration utility. Afterwards the wizard is starting when opening PTRobot.