title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primera 4100

Primera 4100

I am trying to use Batch Ripper with my all new Primera 4100. Release 14 with Batch Ripper 1.4 is working with my old Bravo on another Win7 PC. But now with 4100, Release 14.2/1.5 and Win 7 I am getting the following error:

Running Program: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera-kiosk\Load\Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="E" --logfile="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB7 EEF.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Te mp\dBB7EF0.tmp"
    Running...
    Primera Looking For Drive:E
    Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: *** Error: Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'E', please check connection.
    PTRobot_Destroy: Destroyed

Testing Complete

What can I try next to reinstalling, rebooting etc. (did that like 5 times already)? Btw: the Bravo is not working either on the new PC...
    Last edited by Emi; 03-06-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Re: Primera 4100

actually Bravo SE is now working after having updated the Primera drivers, but 4100 still the same error

Administrator

Is the 4100 working with Primeras software?

Yes, Primera's software is working with 4100 (actually I've got the 4102: 4100 series with 2 drives).
    Last edited by Emi; 03-06-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Administrator

We have updated our drivers, redownload from the Batch Ripper main page.

That does it: robot is working. But there's the next problem: I'd like to use the kiosk mode. When setting up for kiosk batch ripper is starting the robot, opening the upper tray, closing it, moving to the CD stack (no picking!), opening the upper tray, closing it, moving to the CD stack (no picking!)... and so on (forever). Result of the new driver or wrong settings?

Administrator

For Non-Kiosk it is working correctly with BatchRipper?

- non-kiosk is working, yes
    - what I saw while watching the whole process (both drives in kiosk-mode): the CD is beeing dropped from far too high for the lower tray, and unloading from the lower drive just never works (arm is going down just as it was trying to find a disc in the upper tray; once it even tried to unload 3x from the lower tray and ended up in taking 1 CD from the right and throwing it through the kiosk immediately... quite mad?
    - in case it happens that a CD is beeing put into the upper tray I always get the message for 2 discs having been inserted, and the robot is pushing the CD quite roughly (as if it would like to go further down)
    - to me it looks like if the robot assumes the upper as the lower tray and vice versa
    Last edited by Emi; 03-07-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Administrator

Show the debug for Load on Normal and Kiosk please (in Batch Ripper Configuration).

normal:

Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera\Load\Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="E" --logfile="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB4 E68.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Te mp\dBB4E69.tmp"
    Running...
    Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: Got Drive 'G'EnumDrives Robot *1: Got Drive 'F' Got Drive 'E' [Found Match]Closing CD Draw: Closed

Testing Complete

kiosk:

Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera-kiosk\Load\Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="E" --logfile="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB7 4F3.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Te mp\dBB74F4.tmp"
    Running...
    Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: Got Drive 'G'EnumDrives Robot *1: Got Drive 'F' Got Drive 'E' [Found Match]Closing CD Draw: Closed

Testing Complete

Between kiosk and non-kiosk won't be really a difference. After having tested many things it's quite clear: the robot is behaving like the trays would have been exchanged (upper and lower are expected the wrong way round).
    Last edited by Emi; 03-07-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Administrator

Your system is showing 3 drives G F E, is that correct?

Yes: Primera 4100 with E and F, Primera Bravo SE with G (4100 is behaving the same if I disconnect Bravo SE).

Do you think it's a good plan to just configure the upper and lower tray the wrong way round? If that's going to work probably your driver had to be adapted?

Administrator

It is not possible, as even though it might load better, when it later comes to read the CD it is locked to the wrong drive (loader + reading a separate).

It seems to be a bug in the drivers, as the loading call, you tell it which bin it comes from but you only specify a drive, rather than a height.

The code is very similar to the non-kiosk mode.

Thank you Spoon!
    So are you going to adapt something or is it just as is? PTPublisher is burning, printing and even ripping perfectly. So the robot and it's driver seems to be ok... I just need to know if you are able to solve the problem or if I rather should give up with kiosk mode.