title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14.3

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14.3

Set the Quality to Normal, then dBpoweramp does not add it to the command line.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

the above seems to work just fine. What's up with the -noreplaygain, why not let Lame do it, if it can?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

This does not have to specifically with the beta but when you retrieve a track artist from MusicBrainz it seems that the main performer always comes last; i.e. original artist on cd case "David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj" becomes "Nicki Minaj; David Guetta" - when in fact the main performer here is David Guetta it should be listed first. Maybe you're getting the data in this order from MusicBrainz? Then it is of course not your fault, but i've been seeing this behaviour a lot so i think it might be a bug.

Also, i've been seeing that when you get a composer from GD3 very often the next track lists the same composer (even though it is wrong and does not belong to that track at all) I am thinking maybe you're forgetting to clear some memory buffer when retrieving data for the following track and then the same composer gets listed for the new track (unless it has a real value - i am thinking this only happens when no value is listed for the second track). Again it may be wrong data coming from GD3.
    Last edited by smisk; 03-07-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Hi,

I did install the R14.3 beta on top off the free version but still have the problem that after ejecting the cd with the (software)eject button the computer blacks out.

dBpoweramp Guru

You would not want lame calculating replay gain as it puts the values in the lame header which no programs use.

Mujack thanks for letting us know.

hi Spoon,

As mentioned in the Intel driver BSOD thread.
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...-Matrix-Driver
    I am suffering from some serious BSOD occurring each time I am starting "CD Ripper" and it takes about 5 seconds until it appears with doing anything to it!
    The error returned with the blue screen is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LEASS_OR_EQUAL and the error code is 0x000000D1 and I had this with R14.2 as well as with the new R14.3beta!
    Please let me know what to do next!
    Thanks
    Last edited by xTobix; 03-21-2012 at 12:04 AM. Reason: typo II

Administrator

Try starting with no CD disc in the drive.

no success with no CD either.
    Also hapens if the external USB drive is not connected and only the internal is available (was empty too!).
    ???

Hi Spoon,

would it be sensible to completely wipe dbPoweramp away and install the R14.2 ? It was working fine in the past but sine I connected the USB drive it made trouble all the time. Now it is broken entirely.
    Is there a way to completly remove all previous settings/leftovers after it was uninstalled and start from scratch?
    Would it be useful to disable all drives but the USB drive while I am re-installing and setting up things again?
    Thanks!

Administrator

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for that!
    I have noticed that the uninstall link was gone from my installation (maybe because of the beta installation 14.3???) as well as the link in Control panel >> installed software did not work. I installed 14.2 on top again and could then uninstall everything.

After that, I wiped the entire installation with the tool you provided above, following strictly your recommendations.

After that I went trough the long setup process required to ensure Ultrasecure ripping with my external CD-drive and now it works perfect.

THREE THINGS:
    1) This time the external USB drive was present already before I started to install dBpoweram R14.2 (last time was the other way around!)
    2) I have disabled my internal MATSHITA DVD and Virtual Clone Drive during this process.
    3) I have than, without doing anything in dBpoweram copied the default profile and set reverting up with a new profile for the external USB drive.

NOW --> A) Can I re-enable the internal/virtual drives again without loosing the settings on the external drive in CD ripper?
    B) Is it possible to setup a second profile in CD ripper for the internal DVD drive without altering anything on the settings for the external?

Thanks a lot for your great help!

Administrator

The drive profiles should be separate, but it could easily have been the virtual drive which was causing the BSOD.

Did you mean with your "The drive profile should be separate" that each drive can be set up independently through the available profiles?
    Thanks,
    Tobi

Administrator

On the options page, the light shaded options from memory are drive specific, all other options are profile specific.

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for that!
    I have successfully located the reason for my BSOD.

1) I have been running CD ripper successfully with the external CD-USB-drive. (As reported earlier)
    2) Once the internal drive (MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8A2ES) was re-enabled and the settings adjusted accordingly, the BSOD occurred again!
    3) I have wiped the settings from with your tool (only registry settings - that saved me from re-installation each time) which cured the problem after a BSOD was occurring.
    4) I have then tried to iteratively locate the setting that would cause the BSOD

--> It was the option: "Prevent auto-run on all CD drives"

FYI: I have manually uninstalled all other drives (external CD-drive & virtual drive) and it still causes a BSOD once I enabled this option on my WIN7 x64.

I have also noticed with "C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection" enabled, the rips contain more than 1000 bad frames per track! Switching it off cured this to a perfect result indicated by AcurratRip.

DRIVE details as shown in CD Ripper settings:
    Manufacturer: MATSHITA
    CD Drive: DVD-RAM UJ8A2ES
    Firmware: 1.20
    Serial: xxxx not shown here!
    Maximum Speed: 4234 KB/sec (x24)
    Current Speed: 4234 KB/sec (x24)
    Spin-down After: 32 seconds
    Buffer Size: 1 MB
    Accurate Stream: Yes
    C2 Error Pointers: Yes
    Reads ISRC: Yes
    Reads UPC: Yes

Please let me know if you need any further system information in order to resolve this.

Cheers,
    xTobix