title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14.3

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter R14.3

Has anyone noticed that the latest beta does not read UPC or ISRC information from audio discs?

I purchased a new computer however I installed the optical drive from my old computer into the new computer (this drive was definately capable of reading UPC and ISRC information from audio discs). I also performed a complete reinstall and updated dBpoweramp to the latest beta. Ever since, I have noticed that no UPC or ISRC information is obtained through dBpoweramp CD Ripper (I tried inserting audio discs definately containing UPC and/or ISRC information) even upon attempting to retrieve this manually via the 'Meta' toolbar item. I have not performed thorough troubleshooting to determine if the issue is indeed the latest beta or my new computer however I can confirm the issue is not caused by the misconfiguration of dBpoweramp Music Converter.

Cheers,

Jason.
    Last edited by jsmulree; 06-07-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Administrator

I doubt this code (UPC) has changed from R13 to R14

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Is there a ballpark date on the next release?

I have a stack of Rolling Stones CDs ready to rip. :smile2:

Administrator

Not for a while, 4-5 months

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

4-5 months seriously ????? Why it's so slow ? We haven't new update since last July and your next version is not the major version 15 :blush:.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ffm76600 View Post
    4-5 months seriously ????? Why it's so slow ? We haven't new update since last July and your next version is not the major version 15 :blush:.
    I bet Spoon is talking about the final release not the next beta..I hope.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

We wait more 1 year for only a minor version, this is the problem. I hope Spoon speak about the next beta not the 14.3 release date

Administrator

There are very few products in the world which have a Version 14..., most stop around v3 or v4

dBpoweramp is developed, however the fast pace of development has slowed down as it is a mature product. We address issues as they occur (such as the BSOD on intel drivers on some systems, which we had to source an identical laptop to the ones mentioned)

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ffm76600 View Post
    We wait more 1 year for only a minor version, this is the problem. I hope Spoon speak about the next beta not the 14.3 release date
    What functions does db music converter 14.2 not perform that need replacement or major improvement? If development stopped today, I'd still have an excellent ripper to create digital files with good metadata from CDs.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    What functions does db music converter 14.2 not perform that need replacement or major improvement?
    Read the top of this page.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Sorry. I don't speak english correctly. I would say, why the release of the version 14.3 is so slow ?? In fact, we have to wait more 4-5 months ??

Administrator

To ensure proper testing of the changed ASPI routines in CD ripper (which were causing issues).

People and companies have come to rely on dBpoweramps reliability, we do not fix something and push out the release 2 weeks later, then later find there are 1000's of people with issues from the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    There are very few products in the world which have a Version 14..., most stop around v3 or v4

dBpoweramp is developed, however the fast pace of development has slowed down as it is a mature product. We address issues as they occur (such as the BSOD on intel drivers on some systems, which we had to source an identical laptop to the ones mentioned)
    I hate to beat a dead horse, but I've postponed a purchase of the software for the same reason.

A post at HydrogenAudio from 2010 put the release 2 years out. I know things change, however it's possible a release in 3-6mos for R15 includes PerfecTunes. :lustig12:
    Last edited by Michael950; 06-22-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Administrator

PerfectTunes is a separate product.

R15 work has not started

Administrator

R14.3 Updated

Includes a fix to stop Windows Explorer from freezing on tag editing (bug was introduced in last R14.3 beta).

We anticipate R15 will commence around Christmas time.