title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA Lossless file won't playback in my car, help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcellere
    • Feb 2012

WMA Lossless file won't playback in my car, help!

Hey all, my 2011 BMW always plays WMA Lossless files perfectly through its on-board audio system. I play the files through a 32 GB flash drive. I ripped 3 tracks from Nelly Furtado's album 'Loose' to WMA Lossless (via dbpoweramp) like all of my other files: same frequency, sample size, bit rate: 44hz/16bit, lossless. When I try to playback these 3 songs in the car, there's a loud static noise that comes on for 4 seconds, then the system skips to the next track. These same WMA Lossless files play back fine on my PC. I ripped the same songs to LAME MP3, and they play fine in the car. I bought another copy of the CD to see if it was just a fluke, and the same problem occurs.

I made a video that shows the static and subsequent track change. 'Do It' is the WMA Lossless file, and 'Do It 001' is the LAME MP3 file that plays perfectly.

I figured this question would be better suited for an audio forum and not a BMW forum, where no one would know what they're talking about.
    Last edited by xcellere; 02-03-2012, 03:52 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: WMA Lossless file won't playback in my car, help!

You are 100% sure the player plays WMA lossless, not the normal WMA Lossy?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>