title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Is it possible to rip a music (e.g., AIFF) sound track to a concert DVD?.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiojim
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2012

Is it possible to rip a music (e.g., AIFF) sound track to a concert DVD?.....

I have zero experience with ripping DVDs. I have a couple concert DVDs I would, if possible, like to have as CDs, in effect, that is, as AIFF files so I can listen to them like audio files and not watch the video. Maybe I should have entitled this rip FROM a DVD. I want to use the DVD as source, and rip TO an AIFF file.

One DVD is commercial release. One is a home made concert video, if that matters.

How do I go about doing this and does DBpoweramp help?
    Will the sound quality end up being as good as on the DVD? (ignoring any surround effects if there were any) Will the sound be normal CD quality, or better, or what? (assuming the underlying dvd had good quality sound)

thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Is it possible to rip a music (e.g., AIFF) sound track to a concert DVD?.....

dBpoweramp cannot read from DVD-A (dvd audio).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• audiojim
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2012

Re: Is it possible to rip a music (e.g., AIFF) sound track to a concert DVD?.....

I am talking about normal DVDs (not DVD-Audio if that is what you mean). Anyway, I take it that DB does not read any kind of DVD.

Any suggestions by anyone on how to convert the audio portion of a DVD to aiff/wav etc. by doing a digital conversion, i.e., not just recording the analog output of the DVD player.

Comment

• Tig
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by audiojim
        Any suggestions by anyone on how to convert the audio portion of a DVD to aiff/wav etc. by doing a digital conversion, i.e., not just recording the analog output of the DVD player.
        You could try HandBrake (Free) (if the DVD isn't copy protected, most are), or you could try DVDFab (Free trial / pay) (if the DVD is copy protected). Not 100% sure if HandBrake can rip to AIFF/WAV (it does support other high quality formats though), but DVDFab can convert to WAV.

Please note that decrypting/breaking the copy protection is not legal in all countries. You should consult the law in your own country before using a program that can do this.

Hope this helps.
        Last edited by Tig; 02-03-2012, 07:18 AM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

• eaglescout1998
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Apr 2009

I've used a program called DVD Decryptor to extract the audio from concert DVDs.

The only problem is that the audio was, I believe, 48 kHz. Normal CD audio is 44.

Comment

Working...

]]>