title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: New to dBpoweramp and need help with CD/DVD Drive...

New to dBpoweramp and need help with CD/DVD Drive...

Hello All,

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I am hoping you can advise on what would be a good 'current' cd/dvd burner/player that works very well with dBpoweramp with respect to being able to handle all the features (c2 error correction, caching etc.) in providing truly accurate rips - I want to be sure I have something that will provide 100% accurate rips as I am potentially going to throw out all my discs (over 400!) once I am all done in saving some space in the house!!! :smile2:

Again, sorry if this is a duplicate and wanted to reach out to you all as from what I am seeing, the best drives seem to be ones which are no longer made and hard to source.

Cheers,
    Vin.

Administrator

Re: New to dBpoweramp and need help with CD/DVD Drive...

There is no current recommendation, outside of the Plextor 230a.

Thanks Spoon - so really, no other drive worthy of a 230A? :-( - I would have thought there would be comprarable drives or even better ones with the advances made in technology today. Can I go by data within the drives database you make available and gage something from there that would be good to go with - for example, can I pick a drive with low offsets and a high submission number to determine a wrothy drive?

Thanks in advance.

Administrator

I recommend 2 or 3 different model cheap drives, they will rip most discs which can be ripped.

OK thanks. I am using two different drives at the moment - a built in HP drive on my slim desktop and an external Plextor PX-W1210A which I found on an old machine of mine and ripping the same CD on both drives seems to give identical results. I was expecting them to be different as one drive is 10 years older but go figure!

I guess as long as I am getting accurate rips, then all should be OK regardless of the drive...