title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp love?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

dBpoweramp love?

I see no love for dBpoweramp lately. Is any work being done on any features we've all been asking for?

Audiosafe looks cool and all but is of little interest to most of us with massive music collections.

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp love?

AudioSAFE has the potential to be so much more...you will see the first of these fruits in the next 2 weeks,

dBpoweramp (Music Converter + CD Ripper) are both mature refined products.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

dBpoweramp (Music Converter + CD Ripper) are both mature refined products.
    True, but I think there is still room for great improvements... not holding my breath though

dBpoweramp Guru

I'm not convinced just yet. Spoon, where and what is happening with Renaissance? that was supposed to replace dap but it never happened.

I can unserstand the path you have gone down with other developements but dap or Renaissance has been completely left behind along with a community of supporters and skinners which are all dead and gone now.

we all have to seek out other music management software or use the old dap music manager software which still works well by the way.
    Last edited by Razgo; 02-17-2012 at 08:32 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

AudioSAFE is unlike Apples lossy iCloud inplementation, where you upload a version of a track (non censored) and you get the censored version back, no AudioSAFE is lossless and gives bit for bit restores.

The FBI do not go after online backup, where only the uploader can download the files (also AudioSAFE requires a restore payment, so is about anti-pirate as it gets).

--------

Renaissance - it is an on going project, it will possibly never replace dAP, but what exists now in that area? the world is 99% iTunes, that is how it is, the world is very much different now. The days of writing a good audio player and getting 10 million users, those have passed.

dBpoweramp Guru

what exists in the area of music management now? well besides itunes, the top 2 that come to my mind is

1. Jriver - http://www.jriver.com/
    2. media monkey - http://www.jriver.com/ (which uses your accruaterip database)

Media Monkey Manage 100,000+ music and video files without bogging down

I dont beleive the world is 99% itunes at all and probably far from it. sure it captures a large market but certainly not all of it

But this is where dap would have or should have developed into as did the 2 programs above.

in fact i think media monkey and jriver started around the same time as you with audio?

The new generation that never purchase CD's will probably never see the need for accurate rip or audiosafe. since we live in a fast disposable world.

However music management and player will always be a top priority for ongoing music collections. And of course Video being a big priority for many now with video and photo being very much part of mobile phones.
    Last edited by Razgo; 02-18-2012 at 08:54 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

will Renaissance be primarily music managment? (that name is hard to say let alone spell it)

Administrator

No, we are building media management tools separately from an audio player.

dBpoweramp Guru

well i guess thats what i am trying to say then. media management is whats missing big time.
    These other music management programs are good, especially Jriver which is very polished and professional looking.

But a dedicated music only management program like MMC would be extremely useful.
    Last edited by Razgo; 02-19-2012 at 10:07 PM.