title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpa MC 13.5 and Windows 7 64-bit - switching to a new PC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arthurb
    • Feb 2008

dBpa MC 13.5 and Windows 7 64-bit - switching to a new PC

I have been using dBpa, with CD Ripper, on Win XP (32-bit) for several years and have been very happy with it. I now am acquiring a new machine which will run on Windows 7 64-bit. I have seen some posts that mention a variety of problems when running on Win 7, especially 64-bit, but also several statements that dMC 13.x 'does work' on it.

Can anyone give a definitive statement that dMC 13.5 does work, and is supported, on Windows 7 64-bit, including such things as pop-up file information, and FLAC and AAC/M4A conversions?

If not, is dMC R14.x fully compatible with Win 7 64-bit, and how much do I have to shell-out to upgrade? ... My list of software upgrades is growing...

In addition, do I just re-install the downloaded Reference install file (.exe) and the codecs on the new machine? And how on earth do I switch AMG access to it; in fact, is it necessary to switch AMG now it is sort of 'built-in' for life?

Thanks for any help,
    Arthur.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpa MC 13.5 and Windows 7 64-bit - switching to a new PC

R14 is 100% compatible, where as R13.5 some of the shell pages would not populate on 64 bit.

R14 has PerfectMeta for life, R13 did not.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>