title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ripping multiple CDs in one file

ripping multiple CDs in one file

How can you rip multiple CDs in one file using FLAC without all the tracks being mixed up together?
    Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: ripping multiple CDs in one file

Quote Originally Posted by Jolivetj View Post
    How can you rip multiple CDs in one file using FLAC without all the tracks being mixed up together?
    Thanks
    you mean in one directory? just use dynamic naming to give the tracks unique names.... track * - Title - Artist - Album, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    you mean in one directory? just use dynamic naming to give the tracks unique names.... track * - Title - Artist - Album, for example.
    Thank you. This will sound stupid but how do you use 'dynamic naming'?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jolivetj View Post
    Thank you. This will sound stupid but how do you use 'dynamic naming'?
    in the lower left side of CD Ripper screen, you see areas for "path" and "naming" with "set" buttons next to each. You can set the directory path, then with dynamic naming do what I suggested above. I use this (which does something different for compilations vs regular albums). Do note that dynamic naming requires the paid version I believe.
    [IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][artist]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][]
    PASTE the above into the naming box (after you click on SET next to that box).