title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Option to buffer?

Option to buffer?

Could not find it anywhere and not sure there is an option like this but I'd like to setup like a 2second buffer in asset. I have to use Wifi to my oppo95 and I notice the start of tracks it can stutter and on 24BIT 96K material even after the start it can stutter. I know wifi is not optimal and stuttering is almost normal in a wifi setup but if I had a buffer it would be able to play my stuff alot smoother and I cannot wire up my oppo95 in my current living space.

I'm streaming a 1.5TB WMA lossless collection and forcing WAVE to my Oppo, tried forcing LPCM and it does the same type of thing,

Administrator

Re: Option to buffer?

It is the player which decides how much to buffer, as the Player is the one instigating data transfer.

I understand that it is usually up to the player but my oppo has no option to buffer and from what I've seen this is not a common option in players. It would be really beneficial if this could be added to the asset side to accommodate players that do not have this option.

Administrator

It is not possible as files are served over http, it is the receiver which controls the reading 100%, the sender cannot send extra data the receiver is not expecting.