title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: n00b Question: Getting folder.jpg in batch conversion for album art

n00b Question: Getting folder.jpg in batch conversion for album art

Hello, sorry for what may be an age old question, but I can't find this topic anywhere.

I'm batch converting a bunch of .flac files to several formats. The files are from well known Hi Res download company, but they don't have their album art named folder.jpg. I'd like to accomplish a couple things.

I can find the place where you name the art jpg in CD Ripper, but not Batch Convertor.

1. I'd like to somehow change that jpg's name to folder.jpg for every album (I have about 60 and I'd rather not do it manually). I'd like to do it in the FLAC format as well, and I've even tried running the converter on the FLAC files, "converting" the to FLAC hoping the program would create the folder.jpg file, but it doesn't.

2. I'd like to get folder.jpg in every format of the album I've converted, i.e., the Apple Lossless version, the Windows Lossles version, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Administrator

Re: n00b Question: Getting folder.jpg in batch conversion for album art

What are the images named as?

[album].jpg

or

cover.jpg

?

Dear Busiest Man On The Planet (at least the dbPA planet),

It's the former, [album].jpg. HD Tracks names the cover art the name of the album it seems.

Administrator

If you install [ID Tag Update], and convert your files to it, on the settings page is an option to import [album].jpg, and also an option to export folder.jpg

Test on a few files first.

Spoon, I just wanted to report that his is exactly what I needed. I was busy re-ripping/converting a couple hundred albums for our display at CES. I was using a dedicated linux-based computer set up specifically to play files from USB drives, and controlled via MPAD and MPOD apps. Though the software was buggy on both the computer and the iPhone/iPads, the cover art was where it needed to be. Thank you!