title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Getting Internet Radio working

Getting Internet Radio working

Hi......first posting here. Apologies if this is solved elsewhere. I have looked though the forums and I cannot find the solution.

I have PlugPlayer running on an IPAD and Asset running on a Windows 7 server. Everything is working fine (and I am very pleased with the results) except for the “Internet Radio [RadioTime]” (I have the paid version).....

At first (after upgrading to the paid version) I simply restarted Asset and sure enough the “Internet Radio [RadioTime]” showed up in PlugPlayer. The list of radio stations was vast (and looks, now I realise to be all of the radio stations that RadioTime (TuneIn) have), but I could not find one that worked.

I dug around these forums and realised that I had to set-up Radio Time. So I created a user on TuneIn and created some presets, added the user to Asset. Now I cannot see any stations in PlugPlayer.

As a last step and reading between the lines I went to “ce.radiotime.com” and registered their. This gave me a device (and reference) to add to TuneIn which I did. Still nothing no list of stations).

Sorry if this isn't clear and if I have missed something.

Administrator

Re: Getting Internet Radio working

Remove your account information from Asset, it is only need for the favorites, then see if you can get internet radio to work. You are playing on the plug player or another player?

Yes I am playing on PlugPlayer (on IPad). (Just to say music is playing fine).

Interestingly having removed the Account Info (and restarted Asset as well as re-sccanning) I am in the situation where when I select "Internet Radio [RadioTime]" in PlugPlayer nothing shows at all.

Previously (i.e. when I first set this up) PlugPlayer showed the "directory" listing of all available Internet Radio Stations.

Administrator

Try restarting plugplayer

Have tried restarting Plugplayer as well as restarting Asset. I have reset Asset to the default "Browse Tree" and still the same result, i.e. not even a "browse tree" in PlugPlayer.

What is puzzling to me is that initially I saw the tree in Plugplayer (but unable to play any content).

I am running Asset as a service, I am in the UK (not sure if either of those are issues).

OK .... having removed the Account Information I am able to see (and listen to a few radio stations). I guess the issue was that the loading took a long, long time (with a pretty good wireless connection from IPad -> local Network) and good(ish ..... for the UK) download speeds (18Mbps measured). Is this normal (I mean the length of time for it to become active - over an hour).

Cheers

Administrator

No internet link is kept open for 1 hour. It suggests that Plugplayer was caching.

Ok seem to have got something working. I guess that you were hinting that their was a problem with plugplayer ."... Well I think that there is. I switched to 8player and everything just works.

I guess there are always problems with integrations.....

Thanks for your help