title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Converting to smaller .wav files

Converting to smaller .wav files

Hello:

My question: How can I convert an MP3 (or other music file) to a smaller .wav than I am now getting. Background:

I make up Powerpoint image Presentations with music to send out to friends. Powerpoint requires use of a .wav file if it is to be incorporated as part of the powerpoint presentation for email. I do a lot of converting files to .wav, mostly from MP3 files with the dB converter.

I use what is I believe the lowest compressed setting available (PCM Format, 8,000kHz.8bit.Stereo) to keep the total powerpoint file size down for email because of ISP limitations. Still, based on the size of an MP3 source file, I can't get the converted .wav file under 3MB's, much as I hate to do that. But, here, sound quality is less important than image size.

Is it possible to convert a file to .wav that is under 1MB, fully understanding the loss of quality?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Michael

Administrator

Re: Converting to smaller .wav files

Try selecting the wave-mp3 option on the wave compression page.

Thanks for reply.

The wave-mp3 option doesn't work. Error message says need special codec for playback. If I found one, it wouldn't any good for the powerpoint. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.

Mike

Administrator

Try the ADPCM option which will quarter the size of the file, it might say needs a codec for that also though.