title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multiple album arts

Multiple album arts

It has been the case that I could drag multiple album arts into dbpoweramp and have all those stored in the ripped file... this was happening even though I didn't know it was happening (and at the time didn't want it to happen)... see here:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ple-album-arts

However, I also had a bunch of CDs where I *did* want multiple album arts -- front, back, inside etc. I dragged all of these into dbpoweramp, ripped, and assumed that was that. However, I now see that only one of those has been stored (and, unfortunately, the back cover). I've been through all of those with mp3tag to store back all the album arts I wanted.

However, I don't really understand why dbpoweramp was storing multiple arts, and now isn't. I tried another one today, with multiple arts, and sure enough there was only one present after ripping and I had to resort to mp3tag to put them all in.

Is there an option I'm missing?

Administrator

Re: Multiple album arts

If dragging then the front is always replaced. Instead use [+] >> Load from File which allows you to select which position the new art should be given.

I find that the "Load from File" method gives exactly the same impression to the user as the "drag/drop" method... both show 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 as if you are adding multiple arts, and both allow you to select what type the art is (front, back, etc).

So why is it that doing it one way results in multiple arts actually being stored, whereas the other doesn't? Seems counter-intuitive to me.

Also, I note that when I select "back cover" for one of the arts, then view the files in mp3tag, mp3tag thinks it is a front cover... are there different ways of tagging this that mp3tag doesn't recognise?

Administrator

Most programs will assume the first art is Front Cover, even if not tagged as such.

And would it be possible to alter the behaviour so that dragging and dropping multiple files actually results in multiple arts being embedded? Or at least alter the behaviour so that it's clear that the second and subsequent arts are replacing the previous art(s)... i.e. still say "1/1" rather than 1/3, 2/3 etc?

I've actually found this to be inconsistent. Since your suggestion to use "Load from File" I've been using that method. However, I've just had an instance where, using that method, I've ended up with a single album art embedded where I had selected more than one. Is this just me? Am resorting to using mp3tag after the event when embedding album arts.

Administrator

First we have heard of such, verify the file with dBpoweramp Tag editor >> right click >> Edit ID Tags in explorer.