title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Need help with large flac to mp3 conversion!

Need help with large flac to mp3 conversion!

I am trying to convert about 365 gigs of flac files to mp3's. I would like to retain the files in the original folders instead of converting them all into
    individual files. I searched for how to do this and have found people have asked the same question as me. I know that I must use dynamic naming and type this--- [origpath]\[origfilename] , but I am unable to click Dynamic under Output Location because the text is grey and not black. I can click
    on Original Folder and Folder but not Dynamic. Any help as to what I am doing wrong would be great! Also, once I am able to click dynamic, should I
    type [origpath]\[origfilename] or Mp3/[origpath]\[origfilename]. Also converting flac to mp3 240 kbps said it would take 3 days and a number of
    hours, would converting to "standard" 190 save me some time? Thanks for all your help!

Jason

Re: Need help with large flac to mp3 conversion!

Which version of dBpowerAMP do you have? Only the Reference version allows you to use the dynamic naming.

Ok. I purchased the reference. Now what should I type under dynamic to keep the files the exact same way they are now? I am also curious as to why the program keeps crashing giving me a "not responding" message? Thanks!
    Last edited by jasong; 12-29-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Ok, I got everything to work the way I want it. Is it possible for the converter to transfer my album art with each album to the new location. I noticed the folder.jpgs are missing from the new conversions?

Administrator

There is a DSP effect 'Preserve Album Art', include it.

Found it. Thanks a lot!!!

I'm doing the same thing but I'm stuck - how do you do it ? I have the Reference version and wish to convert Flac to MP3 and send the files to an external HD in their relevant folders. I can do one at a time but not a batch, please help.

Administrator

There is a program Batch Converter, the help file describes how to use it.

Yes, found it. Thanks Spoon. Actually the answer is in the first post - maybe I should have read it properly. I've had this software for years too but never actually needed to use the batch converter to convert so many files until now.