title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Blast of white noise at the end of ripped wav files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Camb
    • Dec 2011

Blast of white noise at the end of ripped wav files

I've successfully used ripped CD's into both AIFF and FLAC using dbPoweramp. Both files work perfectly after loading them into my Sooloos music server. However, when I use dbPoweramp to rip WAV files each track has 1-2 seconds of loud "white noise" at the end of the track when playing through my Sooloos. Am I doing something wrong in the way I rip into WAV to cause this problem?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Blast of white noise at the end of ripped wav files

The Sooloos is reading the ID Tags in the file as audio, which it should not (perhaps report to Meridian).

For now you would have to disable ID Tag writing for Wave files, you can do this in dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced Settings
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Camb
      • Dec 2011

Thanks - turning off the tags worked to eliminate the noise!

Comment

• ra0507
        • Apr 2013

I have disabled ID Tag writing for Wave Files and still have the loud white noise at the end of each track. Is there a Batch method of removing the ID Tags from a previously recorded flash drive (USB)? Or do I need to re convert all of my flac files to the Wav format I prefer?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You are best to reconvert WAVE to WAVE with batch converter set to output as 'original folder'
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>