title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tagged WAV files and Audio Properties

Tagged WAV files and Audio Properties

Hi,

The "Audio Properties" and "ID-tags" sheets are installed on my computer for a while, and I just encountered a strange behaviour with them for some WAV files.

I have two WAV files which are tagged with ID3v2 + RIFF INFO :

http://boccato.carru.free.fr/track1.wav
    http://boccato.carru.free.fr/track2.wav

Firstly, the "Audio Properties" sheet seems to use the ID3 block to get tag information for the first file (track1), and the RIFF INFO block for the second one (track2). Does someone know why ? (the tag blocks are in the same order in the WAV files)

In addition, it takes many seconds for dbPowerAmp to show information for track1. This is the first time I have this kind of delay. Is there something wrong with my WAV files or does dbPoweramp get all mixed-up for some reason ?

Many thanks for your help !

PS : my dbPoweramp version is registered 13.5.

Administrator

Re: Tagged WAV files and Audio Properties

Track 1 has a corrupted id3 tag, convert to FLAC then back to Wave to clear the corruption.

Thanks for your reply, Spoon.
    In fact the WAV files have been tagged with TagLib, so maybe there is a bug with TagLib.
    Do you know why the ID3 tag is corrupted ?
    Is it related to the RIFF identifier of the ID3 chunk inside the WAV file ? I noticed that there is no convention for this identifier. Some tools use the "ID32" string (MediaMonkey, TagLib by default), some others use "id3 " (dbPowerAmp, MusicMatch Jukebox, MediaMonkey again).

Administrator

Did not investigate why was corrupted.