title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper doesn't connect with Accuraterip and PerfectMeta

CD Ripper doesn't connect with Accuraterip and PerfectMeta

Hello,

After a low level format of my hard drive I reinstalled Windows XP and some essential application software. dBpoweramp being one of them, I installed that as well. This went without a problem but after starting the program and reactivating the key for PerfectMeta access, I found out that CD Ripper doesn't connect with Accuraterip nor the PerfectMeta databases. It doesn't show any error messages either.

So far I have:
    1. Upgraded to Reference version R14 (no luck);
    2. Made sure that all internet databases were activated in the PerfectMeta dropdown box (they were);
    3. Searched the dBpoweramp forum for clues (no clue);
    4. Pinged "reg.dbpoweramp.com" (result OK);
    5. Added dBpoweramp CD ripper to the exceptions list in Windows Firewall,

But still no luck (nor error messages). I experience no problems accessing the internet (using Chrome) and everything else seems to be working just fine.

Any advice on the matter would be much appreciated!

Henk
    Last edited by Henk; 12-21-2011 at 05:16 AM.

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper doesn't connect with Accuraterip and PerfectMeta

Possibly your security software is blocking access.

Re: CD Ripper doesn't connect with Accuraterip and PerfectMeta

Dear Spoon, thanks for your reply.

I didn't mention it before, but I did try deactivating the Windows XP Firewall and the ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 that I use, with no luck.

Beceause of your reply I decided to have a closer look around in the ESET NOD32 control panel. There I discovered the possibility to partially deactivate the program and I deactivated "web access security". And lo and behold, the internet answered my prayers!

I fiddled around some more to discover that I can add dbpoweramp.com to a list of URL's that aren't filtered by ESET NOD32, and everything works fine now.

Love the art finder in R14! Still use the Google Image Ripper (http://dearcomputer.nl/gir/) for the tough jobs though.

Greetings.

Henk
    Last edited by Henk; 12-21-2011 at 04:24 PM.