title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Help with getpopupinfo.exe

Help with getpopupinfo.exe

Hi. I've found older resources on this question but not a current response.

My HD is cycling like crazy. When I go into system processes, I see 10 instances of getpowerupinfo.exe, all cranking like crazy. I see various references on the web to changing a setting within dbpoweramp, but can not find it.

Can someone advise?

Thanks for your help!

Administrator

Re: Help with getpopupinfo.exe

Windows explorer calls getpopup.exe to get audio details for audio tracks in explorer.

I am aware of what it does . . . in a 2004 post on this forum (below), it says that one can disable powerupinfo.exe except when you are running dbpoweramp. Is that true?

June: GetPopUpInfo question
    I'm curious, what does the "GetpopUpInfo" .exe file do ? (it's inside the C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP folder).

At times it seems to attach itself to memory so that my CPU is 100% active. I can shut it down by using the Task Manager in Windows 2000, but I can't seem to figure out what starts it running, and why it's there . Thanks

RESPONSE: 11-05-2002, 04:46 PMdaren
    Hi June,

It's for the pop-up info (soundfile properties,tags, etc..) that you
    get in Windows Explorer. It can be switched-off in the dMC
    configuration program (from the start menu).
    Just uncheck
    "Pop up info tips in explorer".

HTH,
    Daren.

Administrator

Yes uncheck all the Windows Explorer integration options and getpopupinfo.exe will not be called.

I have this same problem - (sorry for the thread hijack!)
    however, I have disabled the popup in dBpoweramp config, to no avail - I still have 20+ copies of GetPopupInfo.exe running and a lot of HD and network activity. What's going on?

answered my own post - RTFM. "disable ALL the Windows Explorer integration options" - Duh!
    Last edited by atomsound; 12-21-2011 at 04:33 AM.