title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Add Chapter(s) function when "Rip as One" Selected (Audiobooks)

Add Chapter(s) function when "Rip as One" Selected (Audiobooks)

is there an Add Chapter(s) function when "Rip as One" Selected (Audiobooks), or a script that one can select. I like the program for what else it does but I got 2000 Audiobooks I want to rip (10,000 to 20,000 Discs) and When I listen to them on my Ipod I dont want to have an HOUR+ Long Chapter for each disc, nor do I want 99 Files per disc which is almost the industry standard now.

Administrator

Re: Add Chapter(s) function when "Rip as One" Selected (Audiobooks)

There is not, sorry.

Well That SUCKS.... Means I will have to run another program (ie. Chapter and Verse)10,000 to 20,000 times. Although it shouldn't be too hard to add this feature to your wonderful software...And I can't be the only one who would wish to have this feature...Please Please pretty please ......Maybe you could give it to me for Christmas, I've been a good boy this year, SANTA(Spoon).

dBpoweramp Guru

Doing a lot of audiobooks lately. Would be a nice feature to have.

An audiobook ripping mode would be nice, where you just fill in the meta-data once, insert subsequent discs and the tracks are numbered sequentially. This would require an option to pad to three spaces (ie 001 instead of 1 or 01).

Hey, Patrick. I have the same need for my audiobooks. If it's any help, there is a way--but it's not very elegant. Here's what I do:

* Use dBpoweramp's Rip-As-1 feature to rip tracks from audiobook CD's into Chapter-sized mp3 files.
    * For those pesky chapters that span across CD's, I rip the parts onto my hard drive, rename them as necessary so that they sort properly, then burn them onto a clean music CD. Now you can use dBpoweramp to Rip-As-1 those chapter(s) as well. Probably not the best solution, but it works.

I wish I could offer a better idea. If you have discovered one, please let me know. I hope this helps.

dBpoweramp Guru

It isn't very hard to select files to merge to one (after ripping) -- can be done with dMC, right?

(There are even utilities that do so for mp3 without lossy reencoding (just splicing the frames).)