title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper (Not Responding) after Meta Button Pressed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djgaryc
    • Dec 2011

CD Ripper (Not Responding) after Meta Button Pressed

Hello All

After installing this software, I am trying to rip a CD. I would have thought the CD I am trying to rip is on databases so the meta button should retrieve the relevant info.

As soon as I press the button, the top bar changes to "Not Responding" It does respond after a minute or so, but without any disco info being downloaded. I wondered if my Norton Internet Security was blocking it... Good news, I have no Idea. I couldn't see how to check, but the list of programmes i could see all said trust, so I'm guessing we were fine.
    I also double checked that I have asked CD Ripper to access the net automatically, and I have.

Why would the software not respond as soon as I press this Mata button?

Maybe something I put forward for a product update will be a flashing green dot in the bottom right corner allowing the "user" to know dBpoweramp CD Ripper has internet connection (Maybe red dot for not able to connect to the internet)

Anyway, any help possible, I would be mostly greatful for.

Regards
    Gary

Dell Studio 15
    Dual Core
    Vista
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper (Not Responding) after Meta Button Pressed

Normally when you insert a disc the metadata is processed in the background automatically (sometimes it can take 30 seconds to arrive).

Clicking the metadata button is a foreground request so will not return until completed.

If on a popular CD you are not getting metadata, something is blocking dbpoweramp from accessing the internet.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• djgaryc
      • Dec 2011

Hello Spoon

I tried a "Now" album and it found all the info instantly. Looks like the details simply are not on the net for my CD's. The CD Text has some of the info, so if I complete the missing info from the inlay sleeve, will it automatically update to one of the databases so others gain from me taking the time to input all the missing info?

Regards
      Gary

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It does not automatically update, after you have typed, select >> Meta drop menu >> Submit to >>
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>