title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

new user problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muddys
    • Dec 2011

new user problems

my system crashes when I try and use dbpoweramp. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program innumerable times. I was told by spoon to run the program using the default settings. system again crashed when cds were ejected. I was told by spoon that there was a problem with my intel storage drivers and at this point there is no solution. I purchased a new pc solely for the purpose of archiving and downloading music. I can return this pc. I am hoping that someone can tell me what pc/processor/system software etc that they are succesfully using with dbpoweramp. It has now been more than two weeks since I purchased the dbpoweramp software and I have run out of patience. this is really disapointing because I think that dbpoweramp is the best ripping software out there. I would greatly appreciate if any users could point me in the right direction. many thanks, muddys
    Last edited by muddys; 12-16-2011, 01:22 AM.
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: new user problems

Are you running an OEM software setup on your new computer? In other words, does your computer still have all drivers and software as installed by the manufacturer?

I run dBp on three different computers. All of them run a "clean" Windows installation, unencumbered by manufacturer bloatware and extraneous utilities. I've never had any issues with dBp on any of them.

If you think this is basic conflict between dBp and your new computer, what is the brand and model of the computer?

Comment

• muddys
      • Dec 2011

yes this toshiba satellite laptop still has all the preinstalled drivers and software. i don't know what I can and cannot uninstall. spoon said there were bugs in the intel storage drivers that were causing the conflicts. I didn't know if these intel drivers were associated with the intel processor and maybe a different type of processor would work better with dbpoweramp. obviously I am no computer expert.

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

It is a known issue where it bsod, when ejecting because of a fault in the Intel storage matrix drivers, we are in the process of tracking the issue down, for now please email the link on 'about' above so you can try fixes when available.

Comment

• muddys
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
          It is a known issue where it bsod, when ejecting because of a fault in the Intel storage matrix drivers, we are in the process of tracking the issue down, for now please email the link on 'about' above so you can try fixes when available.
          email the link?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Here is the link, email your details please.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>