title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Questions related to Replaygain and Settings Override in Asset uPnP

Question Questions related to Replaygain and Settings Override in Asset uPnP

I have some questions related to the Replaygain feature in Asset. (see Advanced Settings).

1. What happens to files that do not have a Replaygain tag. Does Asset insert tags in the files that lacks tags, or does it just ignore those files?
    2. Does Asset update values for existing tags?
    3. In one of the other forums (the dbpoweramp forum if I remember correctly) it is suggested that 24 bit depth is better than 16 bits for Replaygain. I have a lot of FLAC files ripped from my CD collection. Would it be a good idea to convert these from 16 bits to 24 bits before putting them on the WHS server that is running Asset?

In Advanced Settings (under General Settings) there is also an option to edit Settings Override for specific devices.

4. Some of these devices e.g. Windows Media Player, Playstation 3, Xbox makes sense to me, but what would be a valid name or identification for e.g. a Western Digital TV Live box. Is there a list of device names anywhere?
    5. Some of the settings make sense to me as well, e.g. [simplebrowse], but is there a list of valid settings (with explanations) anywhere?

If anyone has answers I believe this kind of information ought to be part of the product documentation or help files. The Forums suffer from not being structured. (Even if an answer to a particular question is found, is it still valid and does it apply to the version you are using?)

Administrator

Re: Questions related to Replaygain and Settings Override in Asset uPnP

Files without Replaygain, do not get it added. Asset writes no tags what so ever.

3. It is the player which should do the conversion to 24 bit (or Asset), no need to change all your files.

4. The override page shows the names on the right hand side of known items accessing it.
    5. Asset v4 will document these settings.