title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: 14.2 Reference Trial is just the standard product. Do I have to activate Reference?

14.2 Reference Trial is just the standard product. Do I have to activate Reference?

Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed the 14.2 Reference Trial (dMC-R14.2-Ref-Trial), but it appears to be the standard product after installation (see below for clipboard copy of installed versions).

I wanted to try the batch ripper, so I also installed that but I can't start it as it says I need the reference product, which I thought I had installed. Have I installed an incorrect version or do I need to enable something?

Thanks for any help...

dBpoweramp Music Converter: Unregistered Trial (21 days remain)
    Release 14.2

Asset UPnP: UPnP (DLNA) Audio Server

Batch Ripper: Release 1.5 [Unregistered Requires Reference]

dBpoweramp CD Writer:
    Audio CD burning simplicity

Administrator

Re: 14.2 Reference Trial is just the standard product. Do I have to activate Referenc

You need to run in an account with administrator access rights for the trial to activate.

Re: 14.2 Reference Trial is just the standard product. Do I have to activate Referenc

Great, thanks for the swift reply.

HaHaHa, yup same question... Thanks for answering it before I even asked!
    This should be mentioned in FAQ, I think.
    Kinda weird, why is admin. needed? To disable extended features after 21 day trial?? My guess! ???
    Anyhow, thanks again!