title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't Review MetaData in new version

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveS
    • Dec 2011

Can't Review MetaData in new version

Late October I downloaded the trial version and ripped a bunch of CDs without any trouble.
    I have created a number of compilation disks and have always been able to enter Titles and Artists.

Now I'm getting back to it, and needed to download the registered version.
    When I put in a compilation disk, and click on Reveiw MetaData, I get this message:
    "Metadata was not retrieved from the internet (most likely from Local HDD Cache), Press the metadata button to refetch from the Internet".

I know that pressing this button in the previous version gave me a full window to enter my own titles and artists.
    Why did it not survive into the new version?

Dave S.
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Can't Review MetaData in new version

It's still there. I suspect there's something wrong with your installation that's blocking internet access.....Spoon's the expert on these installation/registration issues.....I'm sure he'll help you get it straightened out.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Click the metadata button on the toolbar, then click review metadata.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

The Review Metadata button only works when data is retrieved from the Internet. This was not always the case with dBpoweramp.

On inserting a CD, a pop-up appears Meta Source: dBpoweramp Cache and the tags are populated correctly from the local cache.

Clicking the Review Metadata button produces the previously mentioned error.

I'm with DaveS and would like to be able to review metadata even when tags are populated from the local cache. Either that or I would like to see an improvement on the small, inflexible user interface that is the Meta Data for All Tracks window at the middle/bottom of the CDRipper application.
        Last edited by mville; 12-09-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• DaveS
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
          It's still there. I suspect there's something wrong with your installation that's blocking internet access
          The program does access the internet for data when the CD is not my own compilation.
          So Internet access is not the cause of the problem.

Dave S.

Comment

• DaveS
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
            Click the metadata button on the toolbar, then click review metadata.
            Yes, I've done that. Same result.

Dave S.

Comment

• DaveS
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by mville
              The Review Metadata button only works when data is retrieved from the Internet. This was not always the case with dBpoweramp.

On inserting a CD, a pop-up appears Meta Source: dBpoweramp Cache and the tags are populated correctly from the local cache.

Clicking the Review Metadata button produces the previously mentioned error.

I'm with DaveS and would like to be able to review metadata even when tags are populated from the local cache. Either that or I would like to see an improvement on the small, inflexible user interface that is the Meta Data for All Tracks window at the middle/bottom of the CDRipper application.
              Perhaps I'm using the wrong terms to describe what I want.
              What I'm not talking about is the columns of metadata that appear after internet retrieval, so that I can choose the source that is most accurate.
              I am talking about the ability to fill in track titles and artists for my own compilations that was there before.

Dave S.

Comment

• DaveS
                • Dec 2011

I just tried the "Review Metadata" button again, but this time after putting in a commercial CD, and getting the metadata from the internet (successfully).
                The same error message appears, and the review screen does not come up.

Dave S.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Understood, it will not be until the next version that the ability for that page to show when data is not retrieved from the internet.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DaveS
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
                    Understood, it will not be until the next version that the ability for that page to show when data is not retrieved from the internet.
                    OK, but did you understand my last message, where I said that the button doesn't even work when the data is retrieved from the internet?

Is there a way for me to download the previous version? It did everything I need.

Dave S.

Comment

• DaveS
                      • Dec 2011

Well, this is embarrassing.

Today I looked at My Music folder on the hard drive where I am ripping my CDs to.
                      I see that all the most recent rips are in the main folder, not in sub-folders like earlier rips.
                      I go into the Configuration program to see what needs to changed. After playing with some options, I decide there is nothing there that needs changing.
                      I start the CD Ripper, and see the options under "Naming". I adjust the "Naming" to be like the original rips.
                      I rip one new CD and then check the folders to confirm that it is saving them as I want; it is.
                      I click on "Review Metadata" just for fun, and this time it comes up with the old familiar screen, where I can choose which metadata I want, and even edit my compilations!

Why????
                      The only idea I can come up with is that the configuration program must have been run to get into that screen, or else the "Naming" must be adjusted before I can get into that screen.
                      Just making some wild guesses here.

Anyway, now I'm happy!

Dave S.

Comment

• instantsquid
                        • Nov 2011

I've got exactly the same problem. Metadata IS being downloaded from the internet, but clicking on "Review metadata" causes the error message "Metadata was not retrieved from the internet (most likely from Local HDD Cache), Press the metadata button to refetch from the Internet". I wasn't able to "fix" it as DaveS did.

Something has definitely changed! I ripped 1300 CDs a couple of weeks back and it all was all working great.

Ian.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

You need metadata from 2 providers to show that page, make sure that in the metadata drop menu PerfectMeta + AMG + GD3 + freedb + MusicBrainz are all checked.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• instantsquid
                            • Nov 2011

Yep, checked that.

Can't see anything that I've changed since my last mega-ripping session.

Ian.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Press the Metadata button and wait for it to popup the yellow showing where it got the metadata from. Then you should be able to click review metadata, if not tell me please the providers it shows in the yellow popup.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>