title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Power amp no longer exists?

Power amp no longer exists?

I don't see it offered anywhere. How do you tell what version you have? I can't find it anywhere. Power amp was the best player around.

Re: Power amp no longer exists?

Cool09

You are referring to dBpoweramp Audio Player (also referred to as dAP).
    The latest and last version of dAP was release 3 beta 6. The last non-beta version of dAP was dAP Release 2 (but the beta version really is less buggy and works better than the r2 version).
    If you have dAP installed and are curious about what version of dAP you have see the FAQ at:
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ersion-Numbers

What happened with dAP is that when version 12 of dB Music Converter was released, it was entirely re-written, requiring a new set of codecs as well. dAP did not get re-written. There is a new audio player that Spoon has been working on known as dBpoweramp Renaissance. At this point it primarily exists as a command-line interface form, there has been some talk of a graphic user interface version of the Renaissance player and I believe that Spoon may have intended the Asset UPnP program to eventually become the new dAP. I admittedly have not kept up with Asset so I don't know how close it is to providing the ease of interface that I experienced with dAP.

You can probably find a link to download dAP but it is no longer supported. If you need a link, let us know and I am sure we can come up with something.

Best wishes,
    Bill