title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: warning that CD has already been ripped?

warning that CD has already been ripped?

Hi all,

I've done a search and can't seem to locate this issue.

I use dBpoweramp to rip to a QNAP NAS, using the multicode to lossless FLAC and 256 AAC.

I'm not systematically going through my collections and found I had added Kraftwerks Trans Europe Express twice.

is there any way to get the program to warn that this file already exists or some such?

thanks

SJB

Administrator

Re: warning that CD has already been ripped?

Not if your files are named with album name in the folder, your two same tracks would be in different folders if on different albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Not if your files are named with album name in the folder, your two same tracks would be in different folders if on different albums.
    Thanks for the reply, hope I'm not being too stupid, but I don't fully understand your reply.

If I rip a cd and then try to rip the cd immediately again, it rips away and I get now warning that it already exists.

Administrator

Indeed you do, however if you rip a Compilation CD which has a track on it, say Madonna - Holiday, then you rip a madonna only CD which has the same track, it would not show the over write page as both tracks go to different folders (based on the album name).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Indeed you do, however if you rip a Compilation CD which has a track on it, say Madonna - Holiday, then you rip a madonna only CD which has the same track, it would not show the over write page as both tracks go to different folders (based on the album name).
    I understand that,thanks but my original reply should have read

If I rip a cd and then try to rip the cd immediately again, it rips away and I get no warning that it already exists.

Administrator

Unless you have [unique] in the naming string for filenames, CD ripper would ask to overwrite a disc which has just ripped.

Thanks for the replies,

I've set naming convention back to default and it's adding a track number to the title of the track which is being caught by an overwrtie warning.

Whatever way I had it set up previously (I don't think unique was chosen) I did not get a track number

and this seemed not to trigger the overwrite warning.