title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Copy Composer tag edits to the ComposerSort tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Myknaki
    • Nov 2011

Copy Composer tag edits to the ComposerSort tag

After editing the Composer tag in the Manual Meta Review window of the CD Ripper, the ComposerSort tag is not updated with those edits and it is time consuming to manually copy, paste and rearrange the Composer tag by last name, first name in the ComposerSort tag.

There also seems to be an issue with bracketed information showing up in the ComposerSort tag, such as [Lyricist] or [Guitar], that is not present in the Composer tag. This requires checking the ComposerSort tag for every track of a CD, even if the metadata has not been edited.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Copy Composer tag edits to the ComposerSort tag

The [] information is present in the online databases, if at the end, it would not effect composer sort, as it is never shown in the playing program.

Comment

• Myknaki
      • Nov 2011

Re: Copy Composer tag edits to the ComposerSort tag

Thanks for telling me where the [info] comes from. I find that [info] shows up often with multiple composers, so more than 50% are not at the end of the tag. I will continue to check and edit every track for this, but it would not be necessary if the Composer tag is edited and the ComposerSort tag was updated to match.

Comment

Working...

]]>