title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Scripting dbPowerAmp in a Windows 7 64 bit environment

Scripting dbPowerAmp in a Windows 7 64 bit environment

Good morning all,

Some help please with configuring scripting for my .NET application to batch convert wav files to mp3s (it includes other functionality too!)...

Could someone please clarify whether the version of dmcScripting.dll in dbPoweramp Ref version 14.2 is a 32 or 64 bit dll?

Can the dll be used referenced from an x64 build of a .NET 3.5 C* console application running on Windows 7 64 bit? If so, how?

How do I register it so that my x64 build of the console application can reference the COM in Visual Studio 2010? Currently, when I try to &*8220;Add Reference&*8221; the &*8220;dbPowerAmp Script Library 1.0&*8221; is not listed under COM and when I browse to the dll and try to add it as a reference there I get a &*8220; Reference could not be added, make sure the file is accessible and a valid assembly or COM component&*8221; error message.

I had previously copied the dmcScripting.dll to c:\windows\system32 and registered it there from a C:\windows\System32\cmd.exe windows using regsvr32.exe.

Please note that I have the same application working with no problems under Windows 7 32 bit so it is not the code that is the problem. In that environment &*8220;Add Reference&*8221; lists the &*8220;dbPowerAmp Script Library 1.0&*8221; under COM and was referenced. Does this mean that the dll is actually 32 bit?

In case the dll is 32 bit, I have also tried building the application as entirely 32 bit under Windows 7 64 bit, registering the dmcScripting.dll under c:\windows\SysWOW64 and targeting x86 in the build. But no luck there either.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Scripting dbPowerAmp in a Windows 7 64 bit environment

If you have copied 32 bit dlls around to different folders they would have to be removed.

Also make sure you have installed dBpoweramp on the 64 bit os as dMCScripting.dll is 32 bit if installed on 32 bit os, and 64 bit if installed on a 64 bit os.