title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with sync from iTunes to iPod

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JSB
    • Nov 2011

Problem with sync from iTunes to iPod

PLEASE HELP

I recently bought the dBpoweramp to convert my FLAC downloads into format compatible with iTunes such as apple lossless or AIFF. Once converted, I am able to import and play the tracks through iTunes on my PC but when I try and sync the tracks to my iPhone/iPod I get a message that the file is unsupported. What am I missing?
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Problem with sync from iTunes to iPod

You need to set the option in iTunes to sync lossless tracks as aac, not sure where this option is off the top of my head.

Comment

• JSB
      • Nov 2011

I tried finding that option in preferences under the EDIT drop-down, but did not see anything like that. Even went through iTunes HELP. Surely someone out there has figured out how to sync AIFF or MP4 files to their iPod or iPhone, would really appreciate any advice. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

I think the option only appears in iTunes when you are actually syncing to your iPod. It is on the sync page that appears when syncing.

Comment

• Cloudberry
          • Jun 2010

I had a similar problem untill I discovered that my iPod would only take cd-resolution. So I converted from FLAC to Apple Lossless (with DSP effect (?) set to 44.100 kHz and 16 Bits).

Comment

Working...

]]>