title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Volume levelling

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cloudberry
    • Jun 2010

Re: Volume levelling

Thanks, Great answers!!

This time I did 5-6.000 tracks, approx 500 albums, perhaps 160 GB. It took 6 hours plus the time you suggest is required for writing tags.

Next time I plan to start running remaining library, 3.500 albums.

Whenthinking of that I found another question :-) It seems there is no option to exclude processing fo albums already done - which works for normal conversions, where I just restart in case network fails or PC hangs. In this case I beleive I would start all over. Is that correct? if so...any smart way apart from taking a part of the directory?

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Cloudberry
      Thanks, Great answers!!

This time I did 5-6.000 tracks, approx 500 albums, perhaps 160 GB. It took 6 hours plus the time you suggest is required for writing tags.

Next time I plan to start running remaining library, 3.500 albums.

Whenthinking of that I found another question :-) It seems there is no option to exclude processing fo albums already done - which works for normal conversions, where I just restart in case network fails or PC hangs. In this case I beleive I would start all over. Is that correct? if so...any smart way apart from taking a part of the directory?
      not sure if there is a way to skip albums that already have RG. If it were me, I'd just load it all up and run it on everything. If there are already RG tags, the worst it will do is replace them. No harm. Then going forward, you would have the RG DSP effect setup in your ripper settings.

Comment

• Cloudberry
        • Jun 2010

OK, now I have run through the complete collection. To my dissapointment 1/4 of the tracks gets no tag for Replay Gain Album. There is info for Replay Gain Track.

Is there any clever way I can fix this, I guess if I where to rerun the whole library, which takes one week basically and requires quite some work, I would get the same effect on other tracks.

All I can think of is to use for instance Media Monkey, and export all these files to a new library - on which I run DBPA this process, then upon completion run a merge of the directories. Feels like risky stuff.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

anything odd about the albums that don't get album gain? Do they have album name tags? Do all tracks from a particular album not get the Album RG tags or only some of the tracks? foobar2000 also has a nice RG function. load up files, select files, then right click, select RG option...

Comment

• Cloudberry
            • Jun 2010

Hi, it seems most of the cases where I get no info in RG Album is for a complete album. I.e none of the tracks gets RG Album.

I did a rerun on one of these albums and it worked, i.e. I got the album RG tagged. Maybe I should get foobar (then I guess I own all possible sw :-) dbpa, mm, T&R, foobar...whats missing...yes I have iTunes :-)

Comment

• twit
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Cloudberry
              OK, now I have run through the complete collection. To my dissapointment 1/4 of the tracks gets no tag for Replay Gain Album. There is info for Replay Gain Track.

Is there any clever way I can fix this, I guess if I where to rerun the whole library, which takes one week basically and requires quite some work, I would get the same effect on other tracks.

All I can think of is to use for instance Media Monkey, and export all these files to a new library - on which I run DBPA this process, then upon completion run a merge of the directories. Feels like risky stuff.
              I have encountered this issue, as well as many others. It seems to be a result of the way dBpoweramp works, which triggers a security response from your computer protection applications. The track replaygain tags are written to files as they are calculated throughout the batch run, but all album tags are only written at the very end of the run - so if you have thousands of tracks in your run, then the utility code tries to modify thousands of files in a split second, which looks like an attack. You will very likely not get any warnings, errors, or other indications that something went wrong other than observing the missing album tags.

Your choices are to completely disable all computer security before any runs on more than a few hundred tracks, or only do a few hundred tracks at a time, or use another application like Foobar2000 that writes to the files in a different way that does not trigger an attack response.

Some have asked for the replaygain file writing behavior to be changed to avoid this mess, but no luck so far.

Comment

Working...

]]>