title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Using GD3 in Batch Ripper

Using GD3 in Batch Ripper

I have purchased a 1000 lookups from GD3.

I have entered my username and password, but when I go to rip any CD at all, nothing happens.

GD3 is working for me in CD Ripper.

How do I get it working for me in Batch Ripper?

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Using GD3 in Batch Ripper

Gd3 has a check Mark at the top? Does batch ripper get metadata from freedb?

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    Gd3 has a check Mark at the top? Does batch ripper get metadata from freedb?
    yes and yes

However, I spoke to GD3 and it seems that I can't use my original account, so they're going to transfer in my lookup credits to a new account which I will make specifically for batch ripping use with dbpoweramp. I'll see if this helps, but when I type in my user name and password in batch ripper it doesn't notify me that the username/password is correct. I could type in afslflansfna as my username and afiasofosano as my password and it accepts it without telling me "user/name & or password is incorrect". Should I not care about this? I will find out later today if when my user name and password is switched to the one I made for dbpoweramp use, if this resolves the problem, but in the meantime, I guess I just want to cover all bases.

Thanks!

Administrator

>Should I not care about this?

Only with a valid username and password will it begin to lookup, there is no notification of such at point of entry.

I have a GD3 account wit0h a username and password where do i enter them in batch ripper?

Administrator

On the metadata options page, click the button next to gd3

I have similar issue. When I
    Select dbpoweramp I see Release 17.4 reference registered
    then select cd ripper, menu, retrieve Metadata from: all the items are greyed out
    if I select Menu Active providers I see: PerfectMeta, Cache, GD3, Discogs, MusicBrainz, freedb all checked.

How do I enable so retrieve meta data from is not greyed out?
    ... and then where do I select GD3 so I can enter my GD3 login and password?

After more debug, More info:
    To Install dBpoweramp I clicked on the link in my registration email which took me to my Registration Retrieval webpage then I clicked on the Install Registered Software for dBpoweramp Referencee R17.4 (family pack) and installed dBpoweramp.
    Since I wanted to Nimbie batch rip I then when to the page:
    dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm
    and followed the download steps:
    1. I did NOT click on the Purhase dBpoweramp Reference link since it was already installed.
    2. I did click on the Install Batch Ripper link
    3. I did click on the Nimbie Batch Ripper Driver V link.

After this Win10 pro Apps&Features reports:
    dBpowermp Release 17.4 83.0MB
    dBpoweramp Batch Ripper Release 1.5 2.22GB
    dBpoweramp Batch Ripper Nimbie Loader Release 2 2.19MB
    dBpoweramp Music Converter Releaes 14.4 15.6MB

Since Music Converter was an older revision I guessed that either batch step 2 or 3 above might have created an older version of Music Converter.
    So I uninstalled dBpoweramp and reinstalled. That did not change anything (stuff still greyed out, Music converter still 14.4).
    When I tried to use dBpoweramp Music Converter uninstall in Win 10 Apps&features it reports an error:
    C:\Windows\system32\SpoonUninstall.exe
    Windows cannot find C:\Windows\system32\SpoonUninstall.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

In the Win10 start menu dBpoweramp and dBpoweramp Music Converter are listed in seperate folders
    and one of the lines in the dBpoweramp Music Converter list is:
    Register dBpoweramp.
    So I am guessing that either step 2 or step 3 created a trial version of a component of dBpoweramp which is why I can't access metadata providers.
    So currently
    I have a Batch Converter shortcut to "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\DMCFileSelector.exe"
    and a dBpoweramp Batch Converter shortcut to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\DMCFileSelector.exe"
    It seems that the Program Files (x86) shortcut is likely wrong since it is in the list with a shortcut to register dBpoweramp.

Exe files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp
    Batch Ripper.exe
    CDGrab.exe
    CoreConverter.exe
    dBConfig.exe
    DMCFileSelector.exe
    GetPopupInfo.exe
    hdcd.exe
    MusicConverter.exe
    WindowsXPRemovePropHandler.exe

Exe files in C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp
    Batch Ripper.exe
    CDGrab.exe
    CoreConverter.exe
    dBConfig.exe
    dBpoweramp-Thunk32.exe
    DMCFileSelector.exe
    ffmpeg-lgpl.exe
    GetPopupInfo.exe
    hdcd.exe
    MusicConverter.exe

I tried to follow illustrate dBpoweramp installation directions exactly and it has created this mess. Please help me fix it.
    Is it as simple as changing the start menu links to point to C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp and to delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp? Or does the registry also have to be updated?

Again, thank you in advance for your support/patience, please help me clean this up.

Administrator

Hi Spoon,
    Thank you for the directions!
    I did the uninstall/reset per the note at the link you provided and it cleared out the registry, illustrate, and dbpoweramp directories.
    I then reinstalled the registered version of dbpoweramp per my registration email, installed the batch riper, and nimbie driver.
    All programs are now in the dbpoweramp directory nothing in illustrate so all looks good. Program revisions are:
    Batch Ripper.exe 4.0.0.0
    CDGrap.exe 17.4.0.5
    CoreConverter.exe 17.4.0.5
    dBConfig.exe 17.4.0.5
    dBpoweramp-Thunk32.exe
    DMCFileSelector.exe 17.4.0.5
    ffmpeg-lgpl.exe
    GetPopupInfo.exe 17.4.0.5
    hdcd.exe

However when I run DBpoweramp batch ripper which runs CD ripper, select the CD Ripper green menu, select Retrieve Metadata From, everything is still greyed out.
    When I select the green menu, select Active Providers then Perfect Meta dBpoweramp cache, Discogs, GD3, MusicBrainz, freedb are all checked.
    So from this is gd3 enabled? I have purchased gd3 tags and have a login and password. Where/how do i enter it?

Thanks again for your support!

Administrator

Batch Ripper does not use CD Ripper for metadata, click the metadata button in Batch Ripper its self.