title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AudioSafe has stopped uploading...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

AudioSafe has stopped uploading...

As the thread title says. I'm currently at 58% of my upload, but the AudioSafe client stopped uploading last night - it shows this:-

Last time it stopped uploading, some weeks back, it was because there was a new client version, but I can't see anything here at the moment.

Regards

Mick

Administrator

Re: AudioSafe has stopped uploading...

Just checked the server and people are uploading to it right this second.

Try open a command prompt (Windows Key + R: type cmd )

ping backup.audiosafe.com

Do you get a reply?

Try restarting the client (exit then reload it).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I can ping ok; also, I tried shutting down then restarting the client a couple of times, but no joy...

Administrator

You should be getting an email from a developer shortly (might be minutes, or hours) requesting a debug file from your system.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

For the benefit of any forum readers, this has now been resolved. It was due to a corrupted music file of mine, which I've now re-ripped and replaced.

Mick

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mickc View Post
    For the benefit of any forum readers, this has now been resolved. It was due to a corrupted music file of mine, which I've now re-ripped and replaced.

Mick
    For future reference, can you elaborate? How do you know the file was corrupt? Were there any error messages?

Administrator

We are fixing the client also.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi mville - there were no error messages that I could see. I emailed a log file to Spoon and he found which file it was (it only played partway through when I tried playing it using vlc). However, it shouldn't have caused AudioSafe to stop (with two other files I've had so far that were corrupt AudioSafe flagged an error with the name of the corrupt file), so I've sent in the faulty file in and the good folk here are updating the client to sort this.

Mick

This is now happening to me. Stuck at 68%, the client is using 25% CPU and not uploading anything at all (unless I add more files ripping is ongoing). Pinging works. I sent an email about it a couple of days ago, thought I'd try here as well. Let me know how to proceed.

Administrator

I have your email, just have not had chance to respond.

We have a new client out this or early next week which should solve the issue of corrupted files causing issues for AudioSAFE.

Excellent, sounds like you have it figured out. If there is anything else you need from me just let me know.

Following up on this, beta 6 solved the issue and everything is now running smoothly.

Audiosafe had uploaded 98% and has been stuck at this level for 24 hours now. Any idea? BTW, I use beta 6.
    Thx, adca1

BTW: Audiosafe indirectly helped me to identify some 50 .flac files which had not been transferred correctly from my previous (linux) server to my AssetNAS, but were copied as fanatasy-named files without extension and therefore easliy identifiable in the "manage non audio files" section -> nice side-effect.

Administrator

Try restarting AudioSAFE

Before posting, I had restarted Audiosafe, then rebooted the computer - did not help (Sorry for having forgotten to mention that).