title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How Do I Autopopulate Multiple Track Dates In Compilation Album?

How Do I Autopopulate Multiple Track Dates In Compilation Album?

Sorry if I've missed something obvious but I can't find a solution to the following:

I'm trying to get the correct track dates on compilations. At present any album I rip shows all tracks as being from the year that the compilation was released, rather than when each track was released. Is there a setting that I've missed or can this not be done?

I've searching for an answer but can't find one. Hope someone can help.

hypertense

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How Do I Autopopulate Multiple Track Dates In Compilation Album?

That will not typically be in the metadata available from the online databases. The "YEAR" tag refers to "the year that this particular album was released," not to the year a song was originally released (some programs use ORIGYEAR for that).

If you want that data in your song files, you'll need to add it manually. I suggest you use an alternate tag (like ORIGYEAR).

Thanks for the reply. The info must be in the metadata somewhere though, as if I rip with, say, Sony Media Go, the track dates are picked up and tagged to the files. Is this because it uses a different database to crossreference?

dBpoweramp Guru

Could be. There are several online databases, of course, and they are all going to be a little different. In my experience with most metadata retrieval, ORIGYEAR is not included.