title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD Ripper - GD3 & Album Art Lookup

CD Ripper - GD3 & Album Art Lookup

I need some help. I am having difficulties with PerfectMeta Lookup on 14.2 Reference CD Ripper. I have read through the Forum and tried the trouble-shooting steps I was able to identify to include firewall, pinging different sites, etc.
    My overall issues are:
    1) I am unable to get album art automatically in CD Ripper. If I use the manual “Choose Art” option, it is extremely slow at loading and will not work ~20% of the time (not a statistically valid claim). Unchecking AMG is faster than with it checked.

2) I am unable get results from GD3 – at all. a.) I am able to get GB3 results in the Batch Ripper with my user name and password, but not from CD Ripper. b.) GD3 is consistently grayed out in CD Ripper.

I have confirmed GD3 PerfectMeta results for several CDs in Batch Ripper on the desktop machine. Please note that I am also experiencing intermittent issues with the PerfectMeta AMG lookup.

I have tested ~10 different disks using CD Ripper on 2 separate MS Windows 7 x64 installations. One machine is an I7 laptop and one is an I7 desktop. Both machines have 8GB of ram and appropriate IO capacity. I am connected to the internet via 1GB LAN via an Apple Airport Extreme Router into a Time Warner NYC cable modem. The Desktop had a previous version of CD Ripper and Batch Ripper. The Laptop is a brand new Windows installation and did not have DBPowerAmp before this troubleshooting test (I reviewed the post from Spoon for deleting all previous remnants of prior installations in posting: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13285).

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper - GD3 & Album Art Lookup

GD3 connects through HTTPS, is you have over zealous security software (on the PC or in the router) it can block.

First look in dBpoweramp configuration and make sure it says Reference Registered, as this is required for metadata.

Spoon,
    Thanks for the reply:
    1) I am able to connect to GD3 from Batch Ripper and I am also able to go to the site and directly query the GD3 database from the same machine. Is there another way to confirm it is not an HTTPS issue within CD Ripper? I have also disabled my firewall on the machine and I manually configured the firewall to let DBPoweramp through incoming and outgoing. (I use windows security essentials and windows firewall.)

I can run a pcap on a PerfectMeta lookup with only the GD3 service selected in CD Ripper. Would this help?

2) My copy does say that it is 14.2 Reference Registered.

I am experiencing the same problem using registered Reference release 14.2 on Windows 7x64 Home purchased this weekend, I'm not receiving any artwork when I press the choose art button.

A blank window pops up with 'cancel' and 'sort largest to smallest' buttons on the bottom.

It's not a firewall issue as I temporarily switched it off.

Appreciate any help........Thanks

UPDATE: Still unresolved - tonight, I uninstalled all DBPoweramp software on my, ran the DBPoweramp Reset app referenced at the top of the thread and then re-installed everything. I also disabled Windows Security Essentials and Windows Firewall. Does anyone have any further suggestions? I am beginning to believe this is a CD Ripper 14.2/Windows 7 x64 issue. I did not have this issue with an earlier version of the software on this machine and I do not have any GD3 issues with Batch Ripper.

Administrator

Are you able to try from a different location? if your internet settings of dbpoweramp have a proxy server setup, GD3 cannot function.

Administrator

Donaldd - do you get album art automatically from AMG or GD3?

I am not sure how to configure either unless you mean the Meta settings which have a tick and internet against AMG and GD3, not sure if it means anything when I click on review Metadata AMG and GD3 are greyed out.

I'll be glad when this issue is resolved because I want to start ripping my music collection.

Administrator

Donaldd - run the program dBpoweramp Configuration it should say Registered Reference at the top, does it?

dBpoweramp Music Converter: Registered Reference Release 14.2

Administrator

Do you get any track titles from freedb or MusicBrainz?

Yes I do from both.

dBpoweramp Guru

Try the reset utility here:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...rom-the-System

Then reinstall and try cd ripper on the default settings

UPDATE *2: I fixed the GD3 lookup issue by resetting my Apple Airport Extreme router. Spoon, thanks for the advice and as usual, it was on the client end. On another note, the "Choose Art" lookup is also working, but still very slow.

Administrator

Choose art can be slow, as it has to load from all over the internet.