title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Which DVD/CD jukeboxes does dbPoweramp support

Which DVD/CD jukeboxes does dbPoweramp support

I am at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Colorado and I spoke to someone who used dbPoweramp to rip CD's from a Sony jukebox. I just bought dbPoweramp today to try and do the same thing. I have a Sony DVPCX995V. How can I interface to a PC? If I had a more advanced Sony player would my PC running dbPoweramp interface directly to the Sony player via USB or something like that? I'm ripping about 2,000 cd's to my music server in AIFF. Any help or hints are appreciated. Thanks much!!!!

Administrator

Re: Which DVD/CD jukeboxes does dbPoweramp support

I do not think it is supported, the supported Sony ones are on Firewire and use the 'Media Changers' driver in Batch Ripper, you can try to see if works.

thanks for the reply ... is there a list of firewire based media changers that dbpoweramp supports?

dBpoweramp Guru

I do not sorry, they are quite old now.

Where on this site is documentation on how to run dbpoweramp to rip CD's with a Sony changer like VGP-XL1B3 ? Thanks!

Administrator

Products >> Batch Ripper there is a special driver for the Media Changers which the XLB is.

Hi Spoon ... I bought dbpoweramp and a Sony VGP-XL1B and I'm trying to set it up to rip CD's with dbpoweramp's batch converter. I see that these are the settings required:

Media Changers (such as Sony XL1Bx): Install
    Recommended Settings: Main Page 'End After': Manual Stop. Configuration: Offer Spindle Change After (never)
    Information: Disable "Removable Storage Service" if running in the services control panel, Stop it and change it from Automatic to Manual.

I got the first two settings (End After Manual Stop and Offer spindle change after (never) ... but where do I set Disable "Removable Storage Service" Setting it to manual?

Also, I see the drive OK in Windows 7 and dbpoweramp and windows reports that the device is working correctly but I cant get any response when trying to run the software. One hint possibly ... if I double click on the Sony&VGP-XL1B Properties Hardware tab I get two device functions(Sony VGP-XL1B:Medium Changer Devices and Sony VGP-XL IEEE 1394 SBP2 Device: DVD/CD-ROM drives.

But when I double click on Sony VGP-XL IEEE 1394 SBP2 Device: DVD/CD-ROM drives ... I get "This device is working properly" and "Windows did not start a related device driver. To learn more, click the Driver tab and then click the Driver details."

Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

OK ... I'm tinkering with it some more and I have it working ... I had to ask it to scan the discs first and that took a bit and I am ripping my first CD'd with the changer. dbpoweramp is reporting only 8x speed and I am ripping to AIFF and it looks like it is taking over 8 minutes to rip the cd. Any tips for speeding things up? Thanks!

Administrator

Most likely the speed of the drive, in which case you cannot speed up.