title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feature: Batch convert to new location retaining existing folder structure.

Re: Feature: Batch convert to new location retaining existing folder structure.

dear brody and spoon,

no offence taken, i thought that too, but 12 hours is about enough patience dont you think. i left my pc to convert at 10pm, was up around 9am and nothing had shown up. if i have to leave it for longer i am happy to do that, i am out of my comfort zone. also its crashiong a lot. i am doing about 20 batches a time, thought the last failed and it stopped responding. so maybe i leave it for longer, do smaller batches, or reinstall. i bought a dedicated laptop for this job, so no other sofware etc running.

i dont know what to do. i am off to work now and will try again but...

Administrator

What is crashing, Music Converter, or the whole computer?

Try doing in smaller batches, 500 tracks each batch then work up.

Gents,

I posted a reply but it appears its gone awol. thank you again. DBPamp is crashing and "Not Responding". So i close it and start again, happended a few times. But i will try your advice, it seems 400-500 files is about the max. so i will take it gently. am doing it in alphabetical order, am only on C...it will be new year by the time i reach Z.

Thanks again all, really appreciate your help for this newbie.

Spoon, is there a way of dealing with the constant crashing of dbp and not responding. i click on a file and it just stops working, a corrupted file maybe?

dBpoweramp Guru

If a corrupted file, convert in batches (quarter, then quarter of the quarter until you can isolate it) converting to test conversion is best in this situation.

I tried to use this dynamic feature, but it's grayed out. Any possible causes?

I bought a license eons ago. In config, it shows Registered Power Pack Release 14.3 and DSP Effects Release 8. The multi-CPU and replaygain features don't appear to be working when enabled either. After the overwrite check, it moves directly to encoding (I thought there would be a scanning first to determine audio levels).

Perhaps I need to purchase Reference to re-enable some Power Pack features that I've used in the past (I haven't done any serious converting in a while, years?), which would be a bummer since replaygain should at least be available to me as it's a static feature. Would that also explain why the dynamic batch feature is grayed out?
    Last edited by vinnie97; 12-29-2012 at 07:49 PM.

That was it...I was registered when apparently only the Power Pack was available. I went ahead and bought a Reference license ($38, ouch) because I really want to use the lost features (plus the multi-CPU action), and this is one of the better pieces of software I've bought.

In Win-8 to get a start button one has to use one of the several available "START" button programs to make WIN8 anything like WIN-7 or WIN-XP

To make my version of WIN-8 more like WIN-7 I use Classic Shell and WinBubbles - the hardest thing is to get old fashion Spider Solitaire back or even worse is getting a Nikon slide scanner to work.

MS needs to rethink a touch interface for non-touch computers. How hard would have it been to put in a routine to recognize the absence of a touch screen and provide the option for a start button? But I digress........

Talking Re: Feature: Batch convert to new location retaining existing folder structure.

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    Yes use dynamic naming set to

Mp3\[origpath]\[origfilename]
    Excellent - this is either a new feature or something I have just missed - I have the same issue and convert from my master FLAC folder to Apple Lossless and MP3.

The one thing I would really like is a slightly more intuitive way to set up naming of files like a 'preferences' option that once set will apply for everything - I use a fairly basic convention however it seems to get lost every so often (maybe on upgrades)?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
    Excellent - this is either a new feature or something I have just missed - I have the same issue and convert from my master FLAC folder to Apple Lossless and MP3.

The one thing I would really like is a slightly more intuitive way to set up naming of files like a 'preferences' option that once set will apply for everything - I use a fairly basic convention however it seems to get lost every so often (maybe on upgrades)?
    Yes, been there for many, many years. And you can set up the dynamic naming and save it with a name and recall it if you want to switch between different setups. And even if you don't do that, my dbpa install keeps the last settings without it getting lost (it even survives upgrades). Maybe you haven't actually setup your dynamic naming preferences. Look in lower left corner of ripping screen for setup/naming, etc.

Thanks Garym - more to learn - I'll hunt that down for sure :smile2: