title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC to FLAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cloudberry
    • Jun 2010

FLAC to FLAC

Running a fairly large music Library, all in FLAC, maybe different compression levels. I have over the year harmonised Artist, Album etc. Thereby the file structure no longer corresponds to the tagging. But the individual files are obviously correct.

What I figured to do is to run a conversion FLAC to FLAC to a new library and I will have a much more stringent naming of files. Is there smart way to do this without processing a full conversion of each track? Or is it perhaps so that the dbpoweramp is clever enough not to spend to much conversiontime when going from FLAC to FLAC ?

It takes some 170 hours to do a full conversion, which I would love to be able to avoid.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: FLAC to FLAC

Codec Central (above) >> Utitlity Codecs

you need [Arrange Audio]
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Cloudberry
      What I figured to do is to run a conversion FLAC to FLAC to a new library and I will have a much more stringent naming of files.

It takes some 170 hours to do a full conversion, which I would love to be able to avoid.
      You're really just talking about tag & filename clean-up. dBp has a decent set of basic ID tag processing functions, but it can't match the power and flexibility of a dedicated tag editor like mp3tag. (That's the one I use, but there are others.) If your FLAC files are fine and don't need processing, I think an external tag editor wold be a more efficient way to process the tags and/or filenames in your music library.

Comment

• Cloudberry
        • Jun 2010

Thanks for comments BrodyBoy,

I did try the Arrange Audio and it seems to be doing exactly what I want. I tested on 25 albums yesterday and have today started to execute 50.000 tracks today.

I mark the files as normal in dbpoweramp, define a new target library and the naming convention, I define Folder.jpg to be included as album art and also as output. It runs and empties the source files (not the Folder.jpg) and creates new Libraries in target library. It runs at 500 * speed, comparet to 9-11 when converting data. 170 hours processing down to 9 hours. The I expect to delete the old libraries and ...Voila!

I would really appreciate a comment if you think this mp3tag be more efficient for my needs?

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

arrange audio and mp3tag both can do what you want to do. You've figured out how to do it with dbpa, so nothing to be gained for you with mp3tag on this issue. I use both dbpa and mp3tag, and mp3tag does some powerful things that might make it useful in certain cases. But for this basic task, either will do exactly the same thing.

Comment

• Porcus
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2007

Just a point:

Originally posted by Cloudberry
            maybe different compression levels
            Just beware that renaming according to tags (which dMC can do with Arrange, and which you can also do by aid of e.g. Mp3Tag or foobar2000), will not alter compression level. The only way then is to recompress.

Comment

Working...

]]>