title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Minicubis speed control with Batch Ripper

Minicubis speed control with Batch Ripper

Hope I am in the good room... With some tracks, Batch Ripper (or dBpoweramp alone) driving the Minicubis cannot rip because the read speed is too high: it reads the same track during hours ... (apparently there is no setting to stop it when this occurs). I must stop it and rip the CD with the internal drive of my PC, which support at a lower speed when required.

I seems that Batch Ripper/dBpoweramp cannot control the speed of the Pioneer DVR-112 (i.e. the RW drive mounted in the Minicubis). In the "speed options" of dBpoweramp, there are only two choices: maximum or 40x.

Is there a solution to allow Batch Ripper or dBpoweramp control the speed of the Pioneer DVR?
    Thanks for your help.

Administrator

Re: Minicubis speed control with Batch Ripper

These speeds are the ones the drive publishes, if only 2 are listed it suggests that the drive cannot be controlled that way.

Most modern drives rip better at high speeds.

Thank you for your quick reply. In that case, users must be informed that the Minicubis is a pathetic solution for batch ripping. Affordable, but not efficient: 5% of my CDs (even in perfect state) cannot be ripped properly, for unknown reasons, which interrupts the batch ripping process and forces me to rip them "manually" with another drive. If I had been informed sooner, I would not have bought this robot.

Regards.

Administrator

Around 2% to 1% of any CDs will have manufacturing defects, that is be not scratched yet still have issues.