title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Edit / Refresh Metadata on a RipNAS S1000

Edit / Refresh Metadata on a RipNAS S1000

When I read the threads about refreshing the metadata I always read that there is a buttom to refresh.

1. But on my S1000 I think "Perfect Meta" is disabled. Am I right?

2. How can I enable this tool?
    3. Any fees on it - or is it included in the S1000 - licences?
    4. Will it be a problem to work on the RipNAS editing the Metadatas with this tool after having ripped the CDs?

Thanks for help/advice.

Administrator

Re: Edit / Refresh Metadata on a RipNAS S1000

There is no refresh button on the RipNAS, metadata is handled automatically.

OK I understand you don't want me to change anything at the idea of the RipNAS as a "automatic ripping and mediaserving unit".

But if I want to work on the Metadatas I can do it from my Network-PC with the remote-Connection on the RipNAS. Right? (Or I copy the CD to my PC - edit it and copy back to the RipNAS.)

Now my question is:
    -I ripped a CD maybe 2 years ago. So in the ID-TAG there is the AccurateRipDiscID and the AccurateRipResult with the checksum etc. This should be an identification to the Meta-Databases AMG, GD3, Music Brainz, freeDB and connected SonataDB.
    -Today the Metadatas may be better, there is more in (Sonata DB!).....
    -How can I get for this CD the view of the PerfectMeta as a refresh and decide what to change and what to leave the way it is?
    -Is this possible with PerfectMeta or with another tool I can buy from you?

Thanks for your answer.

Administrator

PerfectMeta is only available when ripping, either with a RipNAS or with dBpoweramp.

1. OK today there is only one time you get access through to the Metadatas: at the moment you rip.
    Is it an idea for the future to build in the next releases or in a new tool the possibility to refresh Metadatas coming from the rip CD by CD ?

2. In the RipNAS we have PerfectMeta somehow integrated. Is it possible the update this integrated Perfect Meta?

Thanks for your answers.

Administrator

PerfectMeta is a live implementation, it is supplied from the internet so no need to update.

Hi Spoon,

your answers were very helpful and quick.

Thank you very much!